Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohai.
New person here.Laugh Anywho, I recently got a new laptop and Have decided to give PCSX2 a go. The game I aim to play is Final Fantasy XII. I have seen several posts 3 years old concerning the game, but I haven't found anything more current. Right now I have the emulator, and a copy of the PS2 Bios, but I don't know which plugins I should look for this particular game.

Also, my specs are as follows:
Intel Core i5-460m @ 2.53 GHz, Turboboost to 2.8 GHz.
6 GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 HP 64 Bit
ATI Mobility Radeon 6370, 512 MB Vid Memory.

*edit* I have read that post about the complexity about emulating the PS2, but I don't really know any baselines that were used for testing, so atm I have no idea how well my system will perform with optimal plugins and settings. part of this post was also to get an idea of what it takes to run the emu well.

And finally, PS2 > Ps3 > Xbox 360 > Wii. Just some fyi.Tongue

Sponsored links

Just grab the latest plugins from the newest beta (.0.9.7.3776 or something like that). Those are most up to date and should give best compatibility and performance. They're on the downloads page on the main site page, under the "public test" pane, or something named similar. As far as your computer specs go, you should be ok. The graphics card seems weak, so you might have to settle for native in GSDX, but other than that you should be good to go.
(02-16-2011, 05:18 AM)Urisma Wrote: Just grab the latest plugins from the newest beta (.0.9.7.3776 or something like that). Those are most up to date and should give best compatibility and performance. They're on the downloads page on the main site page, under the "public test" pane, or something named similar. As far as your computer specs go, you should be ok. The graphics card seems weak, so you might have to settle for native in GSDX, but other than that you should be good to go.
Thanks. As for the gfx card, it is only entry level, but it performs many, many times better than integrated graphics. Sub $800, it was the only laptop I found that even had a dedicated card.Closedeyes

Next challenge will be finding a way to rip the disc onto the hard drive. I'll probably give CloneDVD a try, or DVD Decryptor, but I doubt that PS2 discs use the same protection as movie DVDs.
^^ImgBurn works best.
Use recomended speedhacks and put EE cycle on 2 and vu cycle on 1. But it will cause flickering FMVs. But EE cycle is good speed-up in this game. Also use gsdx 4.1 and you can try if native improves performance,also click on 8-bit textures.
:/ When I use the gsdx 4.1, I only see a black screen. ZeroGS 0.97, I can get the game to run, albeit fairly slowly.

The renderer I am using is Direct3D9 (Hardware) as Direct3D11 seems to crash my graphics driver. Setings: Interlacing;None Native Resolution set, allow 8 but textures. Logarithmic z and Alpha Correction are left unchecked. This setting results in a black screen. Sound can be heard from the bios and the game.

The suggested speed hacks were used with both GSDx9 and ZeroGS. I am wondering if there is a possible conflict with my driver, or if there is some setting I have neglected to set. This was run directly from the game disc with both plugins.

I'll probably continue tinkering with ZeroGS for now until a solution can be found. 40 fps average is decent, but takes away some from the overall experience.
Did you updated drivers and direct X ?
(02-19-2011, 11:48 AM)Game Wrote: Did you updated drivers and direct X ?

Yes, I have done both.
(02-20-2011, 07:14 AM)zodiark1234 Wrote: Yes, I have done both.

So, are there any more changes I could make to gsdx that could allow it to work?