Okami in software mode
I'm playing Okami and wondering that why using software mode in this game results in strange colors. Isn't the software mode most compatible?

Sponsored links

(04-22-2013, 05:50 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: I'm playing Okami and wondering that why using software mode in this game results in strange colors. Isn't the software mode most compatible?

Most compatible doesn't mean perfectly compatible. Do you have a screen shot of the discoloration? Does it disappear in hardware mode?

What version of PCSX2? Version of GSDX? Hardware specs? etc.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Yes. The first image is hardware mode and the second image is software mode.

I'm using PCSX2 1.0.0 and GSdx 5612 0.1.16. My GPU is Radeon HD 7870.
That's the post processing effect, AFAIK this works normally. You can cross check with youtube videos from the actual PS2
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thank you. Do you mean the software mode is the same as the actual PS2? Hardware mode is a lot nicer for this game.
(04-26-2013, 03:40 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: Thank you. Do you mean the software mode is the same as the actual PS2? Hardware mode is a lot nicer for this game.

A lot nicer for all games it works Smile

PS: The only reasonable reason to use software mode is if the game is glitched for hardware mode or those cases the GPU is so crappy that running the whole thing on CPU is better.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I prefer the way it looks on HW mode as well but it's not how the game looked on the PS2. HW mode also lacks the canvas when you use brush powers and the ink bottle, while SW mode has em
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-26-2013, 03:53 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: A lot nicer for all games it works Smile

For other games I have played, software mode and hardware mode are pretty much the same if the native resolution is used. But for higher resolutions, hardware mode is a lot better. However, for this game even with the native resolution the coloration does look a lot better in hardware mode.

(04-26-2013, 04:29 PM)Bositman Wrote: I prefer the way it looks on HW mode as well but it's not how the game looked on the PS2. HW mode also lacks the canvas when you use brush powers and the ink bottle, while SW mode has em

Thanks. I'll try using software mode to see the canvas.