Okami is terribly slow
I've been messing around with pcsx2 for the past few hours, but for some reason both Katamari Damacy and Okami run extremely slow for me. I haven't tried any other games (though I do have plenty), but I'm pretty sure my computer has the power to run a PS2 game.

Specs:
Intel Pentium Dual-Core 2.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 240 GT
6 GB of RAM
Vista 64-bit

Anyone have any suggestions or questions?

Sponsored links

What resolution are you running the game at?
What speed hacks do you have enabled? I am thinking it's your CPU. Okami is a very demanding game. my CPU gets it at 60FPS 90% of the time. dips to low 50's some times. and mid 40's when cutscenes
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
I tried at first running it at DX10 Hardware, native resolution, but in cutscenes I get somewhere around 30 FPS. After maybe a half hour of waiting through the beginning story (have to admit Okami's story can get annoying at 30 FPS), I tried moving around in the game world and I'm getting somewhere around 20 - 30 FPS.

I'm not sure which speed hacks to enable, but I've tried using a lot of them, and I've tried using none of them. The only one that really makes a noticeable difference is the Emotion Engine speed hacks.
PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? What do the EE/GS% numbers in the game window say when you get the slowdowns?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I'm not at all sure what happened, but after restarting my computer, the game runs MUCH faster. Never even dips below 55 FPS.

Thanks for trying to help, but I've got it under control now Smile