Okami - request for help with running it
Hello there. I wanted to play Okami on my laptop but it seems I can't get to configure PCSX2 properly, or my laptop is too poor. I tried using PCSX2 0.9.8 from this website but the framerate is very, very low. Maybe you could advise me somehow? Maybe there are newer plugins than those in the installer?
My laptop is as follows:
4 GBs of RAM,
ATi Mobility Radeon HD 4650 with 1GB of RAM,
AMD Turion II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile M620.

I hope I can play it - please help me, I'll be in your debt forever Smile

Sponsored links

Borrow 800$ from someone and buy a new laptop. You can repay them later, sometime. You won't be in debt forever.

Yes it is not PCSX2 configuration. It is your laptop which is too slow.
Okami takes a very hefty PC to run, even with several of it's effects disabled by default (as having them on would make it unplayable on ANY pc)

Unfortunately laptops, especially AMD laptops, have a hard time running PCSX2, especially the top tier of games. As for why I say AMD especially because due to their nature laptops are generally lower clocked than their PC counterparts, and AMD processors lack certain functions that the newer Intel chips have that really help.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Koji, If i may ask. I'm guessing raw CPU power is what is missing when emulating the effects in okmai (the "on paper" as i call it) What would it take to run it? a 5ghz 2600k? or something even stronger still? Curious because i plan on getting ivy bridge when it drops, and overclocking the sh*t out of it Laugh
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Nah not anything that powerful. You can actually see it all in GSdx software mode,so give it a try. I actually get above full speed with my i5 @ 4,3 Ghz
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Right i know you can in software, I was simply curious about hardware. I could play it on my PS2 if i wanted to play with the software graphics Tongue haha
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Hardware does not render it properly, you get horrific bugs, that's why it was disabled Tongue (along with crap speed). If you still want to see how it looks, use the latest SVN of GSdx and in the GSdx.ini add CrcHacksExclusions=all
[Image: newsig.jpg]