Okami slowdown for unknown reason
Hey, as the topic says Okami slows down in certain areas without any reason. It runs fine and suddenly drops to slow motion. If I increase the framelimit to say 100 FPS manually, it runs fine in that area but at lightning speed where it was normal with 60 FPS.

Tekken 5 acts similar, I could play it with 120 FPS on my rig, if I limit it to 75 it runs perfectly, at auto detect it is too slow.

Monster Hunter has some symptoms as well, in the village it runs really slow, but in the world it runs perfectly, except for areas with a lot of enemies in sight. Frames skyrocket if I disable the frame limiter.

Again my rig is not the problem, if I turn off the frame limit the games are unplayably fast, all of them.

Tekken 5 was solved by manually setting the FPS to 75. Monster Hunter is still playable, but Okami slows down and speeds up again during gameplay, it's terribly annoying.

PCSX2 r1443 (The games act the same on 0.9.6, they are just a lot slower overall)

All speedhacks enabled

GSDX 1442 SSE441 D3D intern resolution: 1360x768 with Texture Filtering enabled.

1.60 USA Bios

CPU settings set to Frame Limit (Auto), all enabled except for microVU (huge slowdown).

Advanced settings default, been messing around with these but every time I change something the game gets messed up. In short, I don't know what I am doing there.

My system:

Windows 7 RC1 32 bit
GFX Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS (G80 640MB)
Ram: Corsair DDR2 800MHz 4GB
Motherboard: MSI P35 NEO-2 FR
Soundcard: Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-e

I hope the information is enough. If not, just tell me what you need.

Sponsored links

Well duh.
Quote:All speedhacks enabled
Never heard of speed hacks breaking games,giving false FPS readings,or slowing down games (if set at max values)? Turn them off.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Well no, I haven't.

Anyway. Tested every speedhack, it seems the new slider is causing this, the higher the setting the slower it gets (Okami), though it has done wonders with God of War's (1) performance. Also Tekken 5 runs at normal speed with FPS limit set to auto most of the time, but it drastically slows down sometimes.

Well Okami runs better now, a little slower than usual but at least the speed doesn't jump that much anymore.

Are game specific settings (profiles) planned? Would be nice, as I have to change them a lot if I want to play a different game.
Nope,simply too much work for us...plus every system needs different settings due to the vast difference in power most system have.
Well I actually ment user created profiles, so the settings will be adjusted every time I start a game to the specifics I previously set for it.

Kinda like the QuickSave function does with selecting save states for different games.
Oh,there are some tools for that,like this one:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-4944.html
Works like a charm.

Thank you for your time.