Okay another question
In reading the running specs.. the video cards listed don't cover mine.. and I'm trying to compare.. but I'm apparently not the nerd I thought I was. Intel core2 duo 2ghz w 4gm memory.. but my graphics card is for notebooks (mine was designed for gaming) so I have the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M which thru research is not a part of the 2 series like in desktops, because the notebooks only go up to the 4 series.. here is its specs http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_gef...0m_us.html in checking its comparable to the geforce 8800 series http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_gef...gt_us.html .. so my question as I'm looking thru the http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Will-PCSX...low+motion which one applies to me? I ask this because I'm hit or miss on games. Please try not to laugh too hard at my games list! SSX Tricky the movies and cut scenes work fine (in fact the speed hacks even made it in hyper speed lol) but the game in the character select goes in slow mo (speed hacks did help a little.. not nearly as ridiculous) and when playing.. only a little in slow mo.. but sometimes I disappear!. Whiplash is slightly in slow-mo but it has a shaky screen (I'm new to this so I don't fully understand the walkthrus or what settings I should choose) Fatal frame 1 is a little slow but 2 plays fine.. so its all over the place, and It seems like I need to play with the settings a bit.. but I'm really unsure of what I'm doing. If someone could suggest things to try that would be awesome

Sponsored links

Your gpu is fine, it will run pretty much any compatible game at high resolution. The problem however is you cpu, at 2ghz you will have trouble running most games. You can check out this thread http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-Game...o-emulate?.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
ooh that's a good link! I can play Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2!! Be still my girly heart :-)

For whiplash.. its totally playable.. but the screen shakes.. I know there's a setting for it.. but I don't understand which one I should try in the walkthru.. any suggestions?
Also should I look at the Framerate adjust? There's something there about slow motion adjust and turbo adjust.. but I'm not sure what they do and I don't want to screw anything up. Did you want me to post screenshots of those settings?
Try pressing F5 ingame to cycle through the interlacing settings, one of them should stop the shaking.
Specs:
People keep talking about benchmarks.. is there a way to look up a specific game benchmark and compare it to my own? And I looked up mine here http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.p...40+2.00GHz and it says 1,393 I have no idea what that means or how to check its compatibility with a game to the list you gave me.. I think a lot of people don't tend to play games that I like so some weren't listed.. So I wanted to check them manually. Ie soul reaver 1+2 and medieval 1+2
soul reaver 1 won't play as it's a PS1 game.
dunno about the others...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-14-2011, 06:05 PM)jesalvein Wrote: soul reaver 1 won't play as it's a PS1 game.
dunno about the others...

Is my system strong enough for the ps1 emu?
Please try breaking the text into context complete paragraphs, it's annoying to read across that wall of text.

In console emulation (as in emulation in general) the CPU plays a greater role and because the graphics on PS2 games are far below those on most modern games, the GPU requisites are drove mostly by the quality upscaling first (internal resolution) and the 3D nature of each game as second for most mainstream video cards.

About the slowmotion. The human eye see as 'smooth' anything occurring at 24 or more FPS... provided they happen as they should. I mean, if the character runs from the door to that car to take cover within 3 seconds, it does not really matter if it does it under 24 or 100 FPS. But, since in a console game the events are almost always synched by frames, variations in FPS reflects on how many seconds that character takes to get from the door to the cover... thus, the slow (or sometimes fast) motion.

This leads to the first law of TV standard console games: Try to be as close as possible to the standard. Still it's not enough...

Some speed hacks struggles to keep high FPS changing the normal "emulated" CPU speed (EE cyclerate) or discarding cycles (VU cycle stealing)... although they might help to achieve the correct frame rate, they do it at a price. let's try to explain what happens:

Just a few lines ago was said if an event is to occurs in 3 seconds it will look fine if it happens at any FPS above 24 or so, providing no lag is involved, the game runs fine. But now we have the inverse situation, to make that move in 3 seconds in a console game it means the character takes 3 times the standard to get there (in a NTSC game it mean the whole thing takes 180 frames to happen)... So if we can keep the game running close the standard everything is OK, right?

Sadly it's not in all cases. Since the speedhack actually changed the timing, it means "less" things are happening in the same time span and this might lead to movement "lags" that can be very perceptible in some games more than in others. I said it's the inverse phenomenon because although the FPS is "correct", actual changes are happening slower.

This arises the question: what are the speedhack advantages so?
Well, there are some, even in those cases where the lag occurs, less sensitive data will "see" the correct FPS and output correctly where in a low raw FPS it would be a greater problem. Also it may indeed be better to have a slight low FPS with less hacks in some games while others can get as much as max hacks without showing perceptible annoying side effects.

If you read all these boring details to this point, congratulations, now you can get a better insight about what may be causing issues in your experience. The FPS is low? it's not necessarily your video card the problem, it might be the CPU, the specific game demand, the hacks used or that should be used... a sum of all these.

The EE and GS values give a reasonable mean to try to identify the bottleneck. near 100% EE implies the CPU is saturated and can't deliver the output quickly enough to GS so to keep the FPS steady. GS is too high? it means that game is graphically demanding by itself and the internal resolution may be being abused...

Use the above information to help to configure the emulator to deliver the best experience possible for the specific game in your specific machine power.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(03-14-2011, 06:19 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Please try breaking the text into context complete paragraphs, it's annoying to read across that wall of text.
Well I'm not sure what you mean, I'm just typing and hitting submit.

As for the rest of what you wrote, I'm afraid today was my first time installing this program and working with it... so I have absolutely no idea what you just said waaaaay over my head. You either need to be specific:
Quote: go into your settings and choose 63 for slow motion
or you need to dumb your language way down for me. This is my first time even looking at a benchmark!

I didn't mean to annoy you, and I'm sorry I'm new okay?
You should really read the guide from top to bottom to get to know the program. And you wont have any problems running the ps1 emulator.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...ide-v0-9-7
Specs: