One way to avoid the "bleep" sounds in FF XII with SPU2Ghz PP
Uhm, I find this topic slightly amusing Tongue I mean, all this fuss when you can just select zerospu for sound in ff12 Smile

But hey, if you can't do without spu2ghz, this is one way to solve it Tongue

Sponsored links

well because ZeroSPU2 and PEOPS SPU2 both have many more scenes with "cracking" sound. Overall the best sound quality is provided by SPU2Ghz. Therefore it really is an annoying problem and the way here only provides help during action on the field. In towns float doesn't work so sadly the "bleep" still occurs.
I know how to play with SPU2 without bleep sounds:

Go to Speed hacks and activate 'Enable IOP x2 Cycle Rate'

this worked for me oO very strange a speedhack solves my audio problem
Man this thread is 4 months old,this bug has been fixed a loong time ago. The latest SPU2-X 1.1 works fine,no need to set iop x2 cycle
[Image: newsig.jpg]
im using SPU2-X-r968 and still got bleep sounds
Did you check the "disable effects processing" box? I get no beeping noises if I check that. If it's unchecked, I get random little high pitched beeps.
actually what the beep sound is ? .... because I have about 3 hour gameplay but I didn't hear any beep sound in FFXII . I use the SPU2X 1.1.0 plugin. hahaha .. kinda old thread ... ^^
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
I know this is a super old thread but does anybody have any idea on how to get rid of this for the Zodiac version? I tried using the patch but keep getting an error. I have a gambit that always steal in every battle and the beeping noise pierces my ears and it gives me a headache after a few minutes of playing. Any tip would be appreciated
Edit 2 (Latest) - I solved the "bleeping" issue - I just redownloaded PCSX2 (I downloaded the binary which I did before) and I imported the memory cards (not the save states).

I loaded the game and the sound issue is gone! Odd, maybe I accidentally hit something that changed the settings or there was a weird file corruption?

Try using a fresh version of PCSX2 (I downloaded the binary if it makes any difference) if anyone else has the bleeping sound issue. (Note my issue only occurred with dungeon music but not town music so it may not be the same issue as others).

Also thanks developers of PCSX2 (and anyone that contributes or help too) - This is a great emulator and the latest version works well Smile.

For other people do you have it occur during music? When I go to the menu for example, I can hear the bleep during certain parts of the music.

The problem started after I loaded the game (using memory card, not save states) and the music is the West Sandsea area and it also occurs during boss battle music (only during a certain part of the music).

Edit: I just checked the beep noises occur in most dungeon areas (the sewers, Wester Sand (which has different music compared to West Sandsea) but not in towns (not Rabanastre at least).

Also I have played over 10+ hours without the problem but I only have got it recently for some reason Sad.

Anyone know what could cause the problem to suddenly occur? (I changed no settings and loaded from virtual memory card and I had no problems in the area before)

I'm using the latest version of PCSX2 (.98) and the plugins that came with it (sound plugin is SPUX-2/spu2-x-r4600).