OnePad Analog problem on certain game and WINE with PCSX2.
Hello Smile

On particular game, analog gamepad with Onepad works badly.
On all "dot hack Games" (Hack infection, etc...), a little on rogue galaxy and other.
With Lillypad also on Windows but it's enough to configure analog pad sensitivity at 1500 and it's good. Onepad doesn't have this option.

Other information, PCSX2 works now with WINE on Linux with GDSX OpenGL, only F4 and tab crash emulator but works very goods globally. With Lillypad plugin on Wine, games above works perfectly.

Sorry for my english. Smile

Sponsored links

Running pcsx2 in Wine in nowadays very counterproductive. Of course the controllers are not going to work right when running through an OS wrapper pretending to be another OS, etc. OpenGL is cross platform so you are definitely better off using native Linux version with OnePAD. OnePAD works fine. I don't see what the problem is.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

No, the problem is with the native linux version of PCSX2 with OnePad, works perfectly with Lilypad on WINE... I play with PCSX2 linux version, not with wine, It was for the test with Lillypad which has no linux version.

Test Dot Hack Infection or other Hack game on linux version, you will see. Smile

I found the same problem here on the forum: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-OnePad-An...-Infection

It's lacking option for sentivity of analog joystick, on lillypad it's possible, not on Onepad. That's why that works on Lillypad after configuration sensitivity. If Lillypad was on Linux, It would be settled.
Actually lilypad works on linux. Just without interface. You need to write the ini by yourself. I guess that is possible if you have a template. (well and you need to compile it yourself)

Is there some controller configuration/calibration tool on linux? On windows we can recalibrate proper sensitivity and deadzones with an windows inbuilt function. If you fake during such a recalibration routine too low input the sensitivity is ramped up. So what you need to do when the program asks you to move into all corners you just move half the way. That should increase sensitivity by a factor of 2 and therefore solve your problem. (Even if it would be better if onepad allows to set pressure sensitivity or maps the circular input space to a square output space.)
Of course, tool configuration/calibration exist on Linux, we aren't in Middle Age Tongue2

Simulate square axis help a little, not also perfect as Lillypad but better. Lillypad without interface will be a little complicated for me (and users generally), It's a pity.
lilypad port isn't finished. I'm afraid it won't be for this year (at least not by me).
Actually I thought Linux might be smarter than windows and has some auto detection.

You should not simulate a square input but a circular one with half radius. You controller will always be circular with a radius of one or with this trick approximately two. Divided by sqrt(2) you can get something below one per axis if you configure it correctly and one or above if you improperly configure it. As elongation threshold for running seems to be larger than 70%ish you need to fake.
Auto detection exist on Linux, tool calibration are additionnally. Smile

I tried fake half radius but the problem persist, with square axis it's better but not perfect.
The biggest issue affecting input/OnePad is lack of rumble, which would otherwise boost the game experience of pretty much every PS2 game as we all know.  That goes for Lilypad too of course, but since it lacks a GUI etc. it would probably require more work to add.  I can't think of anything that would give more immediate impact to the project at this point, especially with evdev/libevdev tools available, but as with anything it requires someone with the time, interest and willingness to do it.  So while it would be great to see, it isn't likely to happen anytime soon.
(09-26-2015, 05:25 PM)shoegazer Wrote: The biggest issue affecting input/OnePad is lack of rumble, which would otherwise boost the game experience of pretty much every PS2 game as we all know.  That goes for Lilypad too of course, but since it lacks a GUI etc. it would probably require more work to add.  I can't think of anything that would give more immediate impact to the project at this point, especially with evdev/libevdev tools available, but as with anything it requires someone with the time, interest and willingness to do it.  So while it would be great to see, it isn't likely to happen anytime soon.

Your wish is (partially) done. Now, help me to run tests Wink
clone this one: https://github.com/3kinox/pcsx2.git then checkout the branch rumble_onepad (all other branches are very outdated other stuff. You need to compile with sdl2 enabled.
I will probably remove possibility to use sdl1 with this. I will keep legacy code somewhere just. sdl1 seems broken at least for dualshock3 anyway.
Rumble is always on, no way to deactivate it yet(I'm on it, but I cppfy the code at the same time, will be done soon, before monday night).
My next commits will break ini conf too. But anyway most options were not even taken into account.
Can you test it on multiple games that use rumble? Tell me how it goes, tell me how near to ps2 it feels too, for DMC3 it is quite near, I used it as my reference until now. I only have dualshock 3 and 4 to test too. Could you test on non dualshock pad?
Interface will more than probably get a refresh soonish too. My appartment-mate(is it how it is said? I am french sorry) is working on it.
For sensibility, it is already possible to change it directly in ini as I understand. But I am not sure of the effect, and I have no games which have problems with it to test anyway...
I also have no Windows and I don't know how rumble goes for Lilypad, are there any games which have problems there? Are problems on plugin side or core?