Online multiplayer - any idea if it works?
I tried searching around but couldn't really find an answer to this. Is it possible to play online with the latest 0.97 beta version of the emu yet? In particular, I'd like to try Serious Sam: Next Encounter in co-op (I'm a member of one fan community of the games which would like to do a commentary run on the game).

If so, help on how to do it would be appreciated, do I need any special plugins or does it work right off the bat ingame?

Sponsored links

I dont actually know, but I think that Online feature of the EMU was tested long ago on the game "XIII" and it worked. (Correct me if im wrong) Anyway, I thought that there were no servers currently online for Playstation 2 games.
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
Xlink Kai would allow online play with servers down.
(06-02-2010, 06:23 PM)Saiki Wrote: Xlink Kai would allow online play with servers down.

really? i thought that just allowed you to connect to other people from far away (tunnelling). surely you need the actual server running on the other end to connect..
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-02-2010, 06:35 PM)refraction Wrote:
(06-02-2010, 06:23 PM)Saiki Wrote: Xlink Kai would allow online play with servers down.

really? i thought that just allowed you to connect to other people from far away (tunnelling). surely you need the actual server running on the other end to connect..

servers can be spoofed, I'm sure it's been done before. and yes it does tunnel, doesn't mean someone couldn't have written a fix for online games with it by now.
As far as I know, all online games require DNAS authentication. Unless someone has broken that security, the game won't go to online mode without it.
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.4 Ghz | 6 GB DDR3 RAM in Triple Channel | GeForce GTX 285
2.5 TB Hard Drive Space | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Official betatester of PCSX2
To answer your question, for most games. (Yes)
I was able to connect and play several games with people on Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal.
Although the speed was not the best when there was a full game.

Online play is possible with the dev9giga_razi plugin.

Do you know how to set it up?
MotherBoard:nForce750i
Cpu:Intel Core2 Duo E8400 @ 3.6 Ghz
Ram:2.0Gb @ 960 Mhz DDR2
Graphics Card: GeForce 8800 GT
Core Bus @ 733 Mhz
Memory Bus @ 1011 Mhz
(06-02-2010, 06:16 PM)Gwitz Wrote: Anyway, I thought that there were no servers currently online for Playstation 2 games.

The servers for Champions of Norrath and Return to Arms are still online. Problem is that neither of those games work on PCSX2 right now.
(06-02-2010, 10:32 PM)AllexAshton Wrote: Online play is possible with the dev9giga_razi plugin.

Nope, I guess I'll google that plugin (anyone got a link/instructions)? Thanks for the replies btw. I do have Ratchet & Clank 3 too, so I can test that if everything else fails. Tongue

EDIT: That plugin doesn't work with the 0.97 beta.
(06-03-2010, 11:17 AM)Finzy Wrote:
(06-02-2010, 10:32 PM)AllexAshton Wrote: Online play is possible with the dev9giga_razi plugin.

Nope, I guess I'll google that plugin (anyone got a link/instructions)? Thanks for the replies btw. I do have Ratchet & Clank 3 too, so I can test that if everything else fails. Tongue

EDIT: That plugin doesn't work with the 0.97 beta.

It works but you need WinPCAP installed.