Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only Certain Keyboard Buttons Work!?
I've installed PCSX2 and got the BIOS just fine.
I also configured Controllers(PAD)-LilyPad and bindings for Pad1.

When I enter the game--Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, I can press "Start"--number 2 on my keyboard--to skip the introductory scenes to where "New Game" or "Continue" display. Then if I push "Cross"--semicolon on my keyboard, it will ask "Do you want to create a saved file on memory card (PS2)?--Yes No."
If I select "DirectInput" option for Keyboard API, I can additionally use "Left" and "Right" to select "Yes" or "No". Otherwise, it seems that only "Start" and "Cross" work, none of other buttons repond at all. I can't even start the game by choosing "New Game."

Please help me! Thank you!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=42200]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=42201]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

(01-27-2013, 08:28 PM)ounce Wrote: I've installed PCSX2 and got the BIOS just fine.
I also configured Controllers(PAD)-LilyPad and bindings for Pad1.

When I enter the game--Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, I can press "Start"--number 2 on my keyboard--to skip the introductory scenes to where "New Game" or "Continue" display. Then if I push "Cross"--semicolon on my keyboard, it will ask "Do you want to create a saved file on memory card (PS2)?--Yes No."
If I select "DirectInput" option for Keyboard API, I can additionally use "Left" and "Right" to select "Yes" or "No". Otherwise, it seems that only "Start" and "Cross" work, none of other buttons repond at all. I can't even start the game by choosing "New Game."

Please help me! Thank you!
Can you, please, post a screenshot of the pad's config? that should reduce much of the guesswork.

Many USB devices use virtual codes nowadays, what may confuse the plugin.
Imagination is where we are truly real
[Image: attachment.php?aid=42200]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=42201]
Try first using raw input, if does not work, try rebinding the left stick to keys at the main keyboard body (letters), report back the result.

PS: You may want to disable the gamepads options since there is none in there.

I had (actually still have although not using) a Wolf King keyboard and it's "left part" dedicated to games could be used mostly as it were the "main keyboard" in normal situations but I could never manage to bind it's VM keys to macros unless changing the whole keymap to "see" those extra keys, for they aren't exactly the same. That's an extra toll from virtualization.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Thank you for your help, but it's still not working.
The only buttons that function are Left, Right, Cross, and Start.
I tried selecting Europe BIOS, and before entering the game, I was asked to make some System Configurations that had nothing to do with the game, like to select language, time zone. That's when I was able to use the all the buttons--Left, Right, Up, Down, Square, Triangle, Cross, and Circle. However, afterward, when the game's run, the situation was the same--I could not use anything but Start to skip intro scenes, Cross to create saved file on memory card, or Left and Right to pick Yes or No.
I also tried Dragon Ball Infinite World. Then the buttons Up, Down, Select surprisingly and Start worked; but others--Cross, Triangle, Circle, Square--did not.