OpenGL GS plugin failed to open
Okay, okay, I'll do it when I'll have access to my computer.

Sponsored links

(07-31-2017, 05:51 PM)jesalvein Wrote: ?
It's more than weird.
Can you screenshot the log window ?
Screenshot your problem ?
And finally use GPU-Z and screenshot it to know your GPU too ?
Ok, here are the screenshots of the log (I hope it's the one you asked for), the window of the error it gives me and the screenshot from GPU-Z. (and don't say my PC is slow, I had one that runned DOOM 3 at low setting and it was laggy) Also, I played maybe lots of games with OpenGL as the renderer on this PC and they said nothing, just gave me more FPS.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-31-2017, 06:24 PM)Ryudo Wrote: Wait, you have the red lines in software mode?
Just checked again to be sure. The game was very laggy, but there were no lines, I guess the emulator lives it's own life. But I really remember launching it in software Direct3d 11/9 and there were the vertical lines.
(08-02-2017, 10:58 AM)GreatCorn Wrote: (and don't say my PC is slow, I had one that runned DOOM 3 at low setting and it was laggy) Also, I played maybe lots of games with OpenGL as the renderer on this PC and they said nothing, just gave me more FPS.

unless you're dying to look ridiculous, avoid comparing native pc gaming to emulation. it's a mere nonsense.

From what I see, since it's an old CPU, maybe you do have an integrated GPU that won't support OGL for pcsx2 and it defaults to it.

1 - make sure you have altest drivers for your GPU
2 - create a profile in CCC to force pcsx2 use your dedicated GPU
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-02-2017, 11:08 AM)jesalvein Wrote: unless you're dying to look ridiculous, avoid comparing native pc gaming to emulation. it's a mere nonsense.

From what I see, since it's an old CPU, maybe you do have an integrated GPU that won't support OGL for pcsx2 and it defaults to it.

1 - make sure you have altest drivers for your GPU
2 - create a profile in CCC to force pcsx2 use your dedicated GPU
Well... I guess emulators don't support OpenGL on my computer. I just tried installing AMD Catalyst Preview driver and now PSCX2 is able to launch with OpenGL as renderer, but it gives me something that Dolphin emulator gave me with OpenGL.(at least it's good with Direct3D, so I'll stick to emulating Wii and Gamecube). And what is CCC?
Also, I didn't compare emulation to native pc gaming, I just gave an example of the bad performance that my old PC had.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CCC = Catalyst Control Center
Quote:Also, I didn't compare emulation to native pc gaming, I just gave an example of the bad performance that my old PC had.
You used Doom 3 as an example. Doom 3 isn't a PS2 emulated game, and thus can't be compared to emulating Fifa under pcsx2.
(08-02-2017, 11:30 AM)jesalvein Wrote: CCC = Catalyst Control Center
You used Doom 3 as an example. Doom 3 isn't a PS2 emulated game, and thus can't be compared to emulating Fifa under pcsx2.
I don't know if you can compare it, but Doom 3 actually was released on Xbox Original, which I kinda compare to PS2. Forget about it.
(08-02-2017, 11:45 AM)GreatCorn Wrote: I don't know if you can compare it, but Doom 3 actually was released on Xbox Original, which I kinda compare to PS2. Forget about it.
Er...

Yeah, better forget about it Laugh Laugh Laugh
You couldn't run OpenGL because your drivers were outdated.

Latest Drivers for your card are these

Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/de...ct=legacy3&os=Windows%207%20-%2064

If you prefer Catalyst then latest Catalyst version is 15.11.1
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles...-beta.aspx

The broken graphics you get are a result of a bugged driver on amd's side.

edit: on a side note can you show me a screenshot of gpuz with the driver you are using atm ?
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
Nope, latest drivers are these.