OpenGL renderer is slow on AMD GPU due to inefficient driver. Sorry.
Full and Ultra aren't designed to be used but as debug way to help to find rendering issues. High is already too much but it could help some games.

With latest GIT, medium must be doable for anyone. But it is true this option is very heavy on the CPU drivers. It requires a lots of draw calls. On the future, we could do it wihout CPU impact (but GPU impact instead).

Sponsored links

In the future like the vulkan api ?

I think i'll try to find a way to monitor the performance more closely. And test the last build too. Maybe I got something else that reduce the performance..
There now way I got a 10 to 1 ratio between low and max it's like 10 fps at ultra blending and 30 with zero blending.

I do not have a computer that strong. Fx-6120 R7 260x.... For a test I tried to overclock it to 5ghz (using the bus clock not the multiplier) and almost top out the max possible clock for a R7 260 too. Using Canadian cooling device, called winter.

So I got on the top 20 most powerful computer with a R7 260x on nova bench and I tried few PCSX2 game did not even notice any improvement. It also did not put any real demand on the cpu it barely used two core with a total 30% load. Which is somewhat expected ... but ! Why only 2. I know PCSX cant really use more but why the driver use the same than pcsx? I wonder

but I thought there might be a logic problem/solution to to this thing... but I do not know if there a way to make it possible and also I do not know if it's true from the start... It's probably not only related to the blending but also with PCSX2 in general. It seem to use 2 core but, is it using the two that share the same FPU ?.. If so is there a way to tell it to use a core from two different module to not end up sharing the FPU. It's only a theory but right it now look like it run on the shared core instead of using remaining totally unused remaining module.

I'm also not so sure why the driver do not just try to use the one of the 100% free remaining core too. Can they really have forgot to implement that kind of logic in the driver. Or maybe it's impossibly to do it for some technical reason. I wonder.
Again ultra is for debug. It would be slow even on a 10GHz CPU even on Vulkan (well maybe less). It does the drawing primitive by primitive with a texture flush between primitive. So if you render 65K triangle for a guy, you will need 65K draw + 65K texture cache flush.

By future, I mean future hardware (well maxwell and up). Vulkan is just a buzz word Wink
OH , they all become unique object outch...  So yeah it might need more than a just an api improvement.
I got the last git build many game work fine even with high setting .. thanks

Soul calibur 3 still struggle at 40 fps thought but this game never performed so good.
I think soul calibur is due to hardware depth support.
Can anyone please tell if it is fixed in the Crimson Driver v16. 1. 1 ?
Will PCSX2 stop giving the message once a fixed driver is installed ?
Here we have 16.2 beta http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/non-whq...-feb23.exe
Looks like same driver for desktop and mobile. Any new extensions and improvements?
Messages are hardcoded in PCSX2, I will remove them when users report a working driver.

AMD told us they will deliver a new driver this year that will fix the "separate shader" extension. However a faster GL driver isn't going to happen unfortunately.
Heya, crimson 16.3 amd driver released. Finally and officially opengl 4.5 support. I wonder if something changed considering emulation. Unfortunately, i need wait for legacy release.