OpenGL renderer is slow on AMD GPU due to inefficient driver. Sorry.
(03-14-2016, 04:11 PM)NarooN Wrote: Ah, emu's. RPCS3 and Dolphon, and even Citra are messing around with DX12 and Vulkan backends already. DX12 shows nice gains in Dolphin. Yeah yeah different emu's but I doubt it would be a waste for PCSX2 to get Vulkan some day.

Anyway, what about the number of Mantle games? Mantle was literally a proof-of-concept to show everybody that this needed to be done. Vulkan and DX12 are literally just forks of Mantle. DX12 titles are rapidly releasing already and there will obviously be many more this coming year. Vulkan support in drivers just got released and AMD already has them in their 16.3 driver, NV either already has them or will have them soon (haven't checked.) Don't be surprised to see Vulkan games later this year and I won't be shocked if it supersedes DX12 altogether for the most part (which it should.)

we not talking about PC games here we talking and PCSX2  which emulations is mostly CPU dependent And the other Emulators you mention arnt even as cpu heavy in comparisons , so you cant use that as bases for say it it will be better,

You been around while you should know better then to compare PC games to PCSX2 (ps2 games) or compare it to other emulators in first place.

AMD driver have been bad for while if people want to admit it or not, look at DX11 and Opengl Support, there better on nvidia side of things on nvidia tends to come out top in those on card vs card ( talking card that were ment to go up against each other here). and the fact that 960gtx beats a Fury X in anything is sad on amd part and show how bad there drivers are. FuryX is a 500~600$ card the 960gtx is  200$ card.

Sponsored links

(03-14-2016, 08:25 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: we not talking about PC games here we talking and PCSX2  which emulations is mostly CPU dependent And the other Emulators you mention arnt even as cpu heavy in comparisons , so you cant use that as bases for say it it will be better,

You been around while you should know better then to compare PC games to PCSX2 (ps2 games) or compare it to other emulators in first place.

AMD driver have been bad for while if people want to admit it or not, look at DX11 and Opengl Support, there better on nvidia side of things on nvidia tends to come out top in those on card vs card ( talking card that were ment to go up against each other here). and the fact that 960gtx beats a Fury X in anything is sad on amd part and show how bad there drivers are. FuryX is a 500~600$ card the 960gtx is  200$ card.

It beats it in one isolated case which can easily be considered an outlier. The same game using the same backend under both more and less demanding workloads it wins.
(03-14-2016, 04:11 PM)NarooN Wrote: Ah, emu's. RPCS3 and Dolphon, and even Citra are messing around with DX12 and Vulkan backends already. DX12 shows nice gains in Dolphin.

Dolphin devs have already said their draw call count is massively higher than anything the PS2 does, so you will see bigger benefits there than on PCSX2 where the draw call count is relatively low.

Citra and RPCS3 will have extremely massive amounts of draw calls, so they certainly will benefit. It's unlikely we will see great benefit from it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-14-2016, 08:37 PM)bomblord Wrote: It beats it in one isolated case which can easily be considered an outlier. The same game using the same backend under both more and less demanding workloads it wins.

still a 200$ card vs 600$ both released in same year, that 200$ should not be beating that 600$ in any circumstance

either way OpenGL on amds side is lacking compared to nvidia, which as been proven by gregory and then and proven by amd as to why. amd is to blame for that not pcsx2 dev's
PPSSPP is working on a Vulkan back-end.

I imagine it will be a better comparison then dolphin, Citra and RPCS3. From what little I've played with it, it's OpenGL backend seems lighter then the one in GSDX.
(03-14-2016, 09:22 PM)refraction Wrote: Dolphin devs have already said their draw call count is massively higher than anything the PS2 does, so you will see bigger benefits there than on PCSX2 where the draw call count is relatively low.

Citra and RPCS3 will have extremely massive amounts of draw calls, so they certainly will benefit.  It's unlikely we will see great benefit from it.

Are you sure about citra? I've heard that it uses a pc like opengl(es probably) implementation, meaning draw call amounts probably have to be pretty low.
(03-14-2016, 10:12 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: either way OpenGL on amds side is lacking compared to nvidia, which as been proven by gregory and then and proven by amd as to why. amd is to blame for that not pcsx2 dev's

Who blame PCSX2 developers? Anyway, here we go again about DirectX 12/Vulkan. It's a pointless discussion and also off-topic.
(03-14-2016, 10:16 PM)dogen Wrote: Are you sure about citra? I've heard that it uses a pc like opengl(es probably) implementation, meaning draw call amounts probably have to be pretty low.

Okay maybe not so much Citra, since that is 3DS which isn't hugely powerful anyways.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-14-2016, 10:26 PM)Akio Wrote: Who blame PCSX2 developers? Anyway, here we go again about DirectX 12/Vulkan. It's a pointless discussion and also off-topic.

no one i was point out the bad OPENGL performance WAS due to AMD drivers to NarooN who was say amd drivers wern't bad, im not the person that brought up dx12/vulcan

Amd is the why opengl dont work well. there support of it lacking

and i really do find sad that 960gtx beat a FuryX in any benchmark period 200$ card vs 600$
You don't need to "point anything out" to me. I said AMD drivers aren't as bad as people say, I never said they were flawless. I have had issues with them as well, but I've also had tons of issues with Nvidia drivers when I was still using their GPU's. People are still having serious driver issues with Nvidia to this day, but because their DX11 performance is better than AMD's, suddenly that absolves them of that fact and the drivers are "good" no matter what? Lol get real.

Also not sure why you said anything about "blame", as no one in here ever implied anything was the PCSX2 team's fault.

Quote:and the fact that 960gtx beats a Fury X in anything is sad on amd part and show how bad there drivers are. FuryX is a 500~600$ card the 960gtx is 200$ card.

Wow, one isolated case and it's the end of the world? This is why tech forums on the net are so bad lol.