Optimal Settings for Kingdom Hearts II
Hi guys,

I'm pretty much a noob to emulation, and need help configuring my settings for KH 2. (I've been waiting so long to play it...)

I read the config guide and have the emulator working properly I think. I have pcsx2 0.9.6 and the working plug-ins and bios, the game starts without a problem, everything mostly works fine - but the graphics seem a little bit low-quality, and the speed is very slow - it drops to around 20-30-something fps.

So basically I need advice from anyone who has played it how to config. everything to have the best possible speed with the best possible graphics (though I'd sacrifice the latter for the former if needed).

My pc is: Windows Vista 64-bit Operating System, Dell Studio 540, Intel CoreTM2 Quad CPU Q8200 @2.33 GHz 2.34 GHz
Ram: 6-8 GB

Let me know what other info you need. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

- HM

Sponsored links

Show us your current settings so we can help better, you could also try the latest beta.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Ok - I downloaded the new version, it's working too, but the game is still very slow.

Sorry for the dumb question, but how do I post a screen shot of my settings?

edit: though everything is set to default, so...

edit2: I've playing around a bit, and still can't hit a balance. I can get perfect speed but it very low settings (Zero GS graphics)...or I can get good graphics with GSdx but very low fps (like at 50 %). The speedfixes don't seem to have any effects, at least none on the gameplay itself.
so I'm pretty much out of luck?
Could you tell us your specs? I find it odd that you have problems with speed since the KH series is one of the less demanding 3D games (along with FFX). I'm not quite sure if a 2.33ghz quad is enough but i have seen some youtube videos running kh 2 fullspeed with a 2.5 ghz duo, so 50% may be suspiciously too slow.

You also use windows 7 so you have access to DX10 if your videocard supports it. BTW, what's your videocard?
[Image: 813647.png]
+ geforce GT 440 @ Win7 64bit
Quote:but i have seen some youtube videos running kh 2 fullspeed with a 2.5 ghz duo, so 50% may be suspiciously too slow.
The videos you found online are likely a 100% recording of every frame with each frame being stored at 1/60th of a second meaning even if the game is played at 1fps, the video will be 60fps. The advantage of using a actual external recording device is that it will let you record how the game runs for you.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | MSI 1070Ti | 16GB 3600MHz RAM
(11-05-2009, 03:41 AM)HighwayMan Wrote: so I'm pretty much out of luck?

No you should be able to get enough speed but you havent said what your full specs or settings are so cant really do much but guess here so I'll just give you the best speed settings overall:

Get the newest beta use GSdx as graphics plugin, check the "native" option in its configuration and also switch to the Direct3D10 (Hardware) renderer if you can but if it doesnt work use the Direct3D9 (Hardware) one, for sound plugin use SPU2-X and check the "disable effects processing" on it's settings, in "config > cpu" untick the microVU options, in "config > advanced" set the clamp modes to "none" in speedhacks activate all including "x2 cycle rate" and "vu cycle stealing" set to slight shouldnt do harm.

If with all this you still dont get enough speed make sure you dont have any kind of power saving software running and set the power profile in windows's control panel to high performance.

Oh also if you arent already try making a ISO of your game disc with ImgBurn and run it with eithe Linuz ISO cdvd or the "file > run iso image" option.

Now this settings are meant for best speed but they probably wont work for other games you have.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
edit: thanks, i'll try that.

edit2: Yes, the game definitely runs at full-speed now. It comes at the expense of the graphics though, which are border-line playable ( i don't expect great graphics, but still).

As for the specs...I have Windows Vista, 6 GB ram, available physical memory - 4.4GB/virtual - 10.4 GB, 2.34 GHz, video card: ati radeon hd 3450...let me know what else

screencap: [Image: abc.jpg]
What is the actual processor? an AMD or Intel? what Model?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | MSI 1070Ti | 16GB 3600MHz RAM
(11-05-2009, 08:36 AM)Franpa Wrote: What is the actual processor? an AMD or Intel? what Model?

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, 2336 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)