Optimal graphic plugin configuration?
Hi there. I am running FFX directly from my DVD drive for PCSX2. Seems to run fairly ok - I notice the framerate stay consistent for most of the time. However, once I encountered the first boss, who uses the spell demi (it has a fairly flashy animation), a major slowdown occurred. This progressively got worse, during a few animations after that and particular for the next event where Tidus is stuck in the ruins. I don't know if there are lots of things to produce on the screen or if it's generally a major strain on the system in that area. I configured the GS to DX10 (Hardware), but that was the only major change. I then applied a speedhack of level 1 for the EE and level 1 for the other speedhack, for a 33% increase to both. This did not seem to help. The framerate reduces to a point where it's not unplayable, but it'd still be unbearable for me to continue on with the game... Yet in other areas (and normal battles where no GPU-intensive animations play), the emulator performs just fine. I thought my system specs met the top-tier specifications in the configuration guide... Radeon HD 4250, AMD Phenom II, etc.

Here are my DXDIAG specs:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)
System Manufacturer: Gateway
System Model: DX4350
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X6 1065T Processor (6 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 5888MB RAM
Page File: 1496MB used, 10275MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4250 Graphics
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9715)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9715&SUBSYS_04441025&REV_00
Display Memory: 2940 MB
Dedicated Memory: 252 MB
Shared Memory: 2687 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

I thought FFX would be among the easiest (and earliest of the tested) to emulate. Is there much lacking within my system? Would it perform much faster if I made an ISO of my copy of FFX and ran it directly from the hard drive? Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it.

Sponsored links

disable 8bit texture shader. your gpu is getting reamed by it and keep the internal resolution low, your gpu uses system ram.
Try reducing the internal resolution in GSdx or simply ticking the "Native" option.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64