Optimal settings for SotC?
I can play it at 1536x1120 runs nice at X2+Moderate speedup my 9800Gt seems to make it but 1280x896 will be nice too to deal with bloom
Ninja(NGemu nickname: xcedf)Ninja

Sponsored links

found the solution to the bright lights. Uncheck native resolution in GSdx.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-6006.html

Damn..now the game run nice!!!
Windows 7 x64
Intel G2020 2.9GHz, 4GB RAM, Nvidia GT630GT 2048mb
(04-16-2009, 07:09 PM)idn Wrote:
(04-14-2009, 06:24 AM)RRTWo Wrote: The game slows down quite a bit with a colossus in view, though never really dips below 30 FPS. I average around 45 FPS, though this is according to the information that the emulator gives me. Sometimes the emulator can give me 60 FPS even though it's clearly not running at PS2-console speed, so I don't know how seriously I can take that.
Very seriously. Did you ever play SotC on a real PS2? It's one of the most stuttering games on the system. Even if the emulator shows you "60fps" it only means that the emulation is running the game as fast, as does a real PS2. SotC's framerate on the PS2 can dip even as low as 10-15fps. Nothing can remedy that.

I realize that. It's been so long since I've played SotC that I actually had to go to throw it in my (dying) PS2 to test it out, and I noticed it running considerably smoother there in certain parts (when fighting the minotaur, for instance). So yeah, I realize the game runs slow anyways but my emulation is not PS2-speed.

Anyways, I heard about rev984 having a VU speed hack that speeds up this game specifically quite a bit. Once I have time to compile it I'll see if it works on my rig. Thanks for the tips, everyone!
(04-16-2009, 07:09 PM)idn Wrote: Very seriously. Did you ever play SotC on a real PS2? It's one of the most stuttering games on the system. Even if the emulator shows you "60fps" it only means that the emulation is running the game as fast, as does a real PS2. SotC's framerate on the PS2 can dip even as low as 10-15fps. Nothing can remedy that.

I'd have to disagree with this. Try testing different settings: the game gives me 60 FPS in the same scenes, while being much jerkier and not smooth at all using different plugin/hack options. So I say: not seriously.