Optimized Configurations?
Hi.
I'm trying to play Final Fantasy X on Pcsx2, but it seems my configs aren't the best they could, and I don't know how to configure it.
Now I'm asking for help on how to properly configure my Pcsx2 on the following system:

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (x86)
CPU:
DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2 Black Edition, 3200 MHz (16 x 200) 6400+
GPU:
ATI Radeon HD 3870 (RV670)
RAM:
2x 1 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-18 @ 400 MHz) (4-4-4-13 @ 270 MHz)
Monitor:
Acer P223W [22" LCD]

Currently, it seems my GPU does little work and CPU a lot of work.
At max my GPU worked at about 40%, when the CPU was almost constantly at 95%+. (I'm guessing this is because of my configurations.)

Help greatly appriciated. =)

Sponsored links

Nope. Emulation is 90% about cpu speed, graphic cards matter little. Unless you put in some insane internal resolution.

At any rate, you should be able to get a decent speed with that pc in Final Fantasy X
That's actually about right.

My old x2 6000 @ 3.2ghz performed nearly identical to that.
You're working off of 2 cores, I assume with the default settings of MTGS on so it should be utilizing both as well.

Not really anything you can do about it as far as the CPU Usage. You definately want to be using the hardware mode of gsdx (which is default) with that processor since you don't have any cores to spare.

As far as gaining speed, play around with the speed hacks and perhaps turn on frame skip in the CPU options if you havn't already.

Edit: Krakatos beat me to it Wink
Ninja
Thanks for the replies.
I'll play around and see if I can improve it. -Changing internal resolution and turning off vSync seemed to help a little, so far. =)

OffTopic:
Does anyone know how I can configure so that I can use both my thumbstick and the thumbpad for moving around (up, down, left, right). -As of now it only works with the thumbstick or the cross. -Depending on which one I configure.
I'd like to use both. Smile
If you're using LilyPad it's quite easy, make sure you have analog enabled (If you're using a ps2 controller), and map the buttons accordingly. This is what mine looks like ATM.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ninja
Thanks.
I got more offtopic questions, though. Blush Hope you don't mind.

Are there any game fixes for Final Fantasy X? (Make it perform better, etc. -I haven't had any problems so far, but I just started playing it on PC, so you never know. ^^)

I'm also wondering about 'Escape' button. -It seems like it shuts down the game. (I have to restart the game afterwards.)
In Emulators like ZSnes and Nes 'Escape' takes you to a menu, without shutting down the game. -Making it possible to 'Save state' and other nifty functions.
Is 'Escape' meant to shut down the game? Should I save/load states using F1/F3?

Thanks. =)
Not any "fixes" I don't believe for FFX atm, it runs pretty well as far as emulation is concerned.

As for the escape button, click misc>Close GS Window on ESC and that should do it for you.
Ya, use f1/f3 to quickly load/save states.
Ninja
it doesn't actually shut down the game (since you can continue the game by going to run->execute), the savestate can also be made by "file->states->save" Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja