Optimizing PCSX2 for Lower-end PC
I have some settings made up for weak GPU/CPUs. you can check my threads if you want to try some of mine

Sponsored links

(06-01-2009, 12:52 PM)bcelmo Wrote: Native resolution only helps if you have a weak video card ... your card can go up to 2048x2048 internal res with minimal speed impact
Use Pixel Shader 3
VU Cycle stealing is the greatest speed hack that has been implemented into pcsx2
Your video card can use all of GSDX`s settings without impact on performance, it`s just you CPU that limits your experience. Of course, i could recommend to overclock even if you have stock cooling. AMD64 cpu`s have low temperature and you could go up 300 - 400 Mhz without overheating too much. Keep in mind that 80 - 85 degrees for the CPU IT`S NOT THAT MUCH. Prescott cpu`s used to run at 75 degrees at idle and got to 90 - 95 in load. Stop fearing temperatures, the cpu won`t brake up until 110 degrees or so at which point it`s going to restart or shut down the computer by itself. Same goes for the GPU`s that can go up to 110 easily
The best solution if you are fearing overheating is that you keep your computer in a room with an air conditioner set to 16 - 18 degrees, keep the case locked and have 2 fans on the case, close to the CPU and VGA - the one on top should be set to pump air out and the bottom one to push air in. Also clean the dust and you won`t have problems

If your CPU is 90C or above, you have major problems. Your cooling is inadequate, and you shouldn't continue overclocking until it's fixed. Modern processors aren't made to run this hot, and you will significantly shorten the lifespan by doing it.

Telling people to solve their cooling problems by setting their AC lower is idiotic. Spend the $30 on a much better heatsink, you'll save yourself ten times that amount in electricity bills. Or better yet, buy better hardware so you don't have to do a ridiculous overclock to get acceptable performance.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Lol, find me a house in england where someone who isnt rich has aircon in their house Tongue2
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-01-2009, 08:47 PM)refraction Wrote: Lol, find me a house in england where someone who isnt rich has aircon in their house Tongue2

They're building flat's that people rent with aircon, my Dad has one lol.

And the AMD X2's are 90nm and get hot.. but 110C will kill it LOL.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
i was referring to houses, flats which are utimately owned by someone with a lot of money dont count Tongue2
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-01-2009, 08:47 PM)refraction Wrote: Lol, find me a house in england where someone who isnt rich has aircon in their house Tongue2
an admin going offtopic, who'd'a thunk it Tongue

anywho.. that's what a FAN is for Tongue

Pffft, England is always cold, rainy and foggy anyway, what do you need air conditioning for?
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(06-01-2009, 09:54 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote:

Pffft, England is always cold, rainy and foggy anyway, what do you need air conditioning for?
those rare humid and muggy days I'd think. lol (there are times it gets hotter there than in the states Angry I check regularly cause I have good friends in the west midlands)
(06-01-2009, 09:54 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote:

Its actually very hot in england atm, at least where i am, its upto 30oC outside Tongue
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 7750 x2 BE @ 3.2 Ghz
RAM: 4gb (2GB x2) Patriot Extreme Performance DDR2 800 (4,4,4,12)
Mobo: GA-M720-US3
Gfx: Radeon HD 4850 512mb GDDR3
Windows 7 RC x64
Thanks refraction and people for raping a thread senseless in off-topicness Tongue
Closed
[Image: newsig.jpg]