Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimizing epcsx2 for Dell inspiron 1564 laptop
hi, i have the aforementioned model and was trying to get pcsx2 to work on it, it does just it crashes often and is kinda slow sometimes.
my specs are:
intel i5 2.1 Ghz (more than enough in this department i assume)
ATI mobility radeon 4300 HD VGA
3GB DDR3 RAMs
DVD reader/writer.
if someone could please help in the configuration department i'd be most thankful.
PS: if the problem is my dvd reader being too slow could someone give me some pointers as to how to create readable images (iso's or those pesky ELF formats)?
thank u in advance.

Sponsored links

the cpu more than enough is a common mistake
it's to slow for a lot of games actually
[Image: 1454055.png]
You are wrong about your CPU, is not more than enough. You need at least 3.0GHz to get playable speed in games, 2d games you can get away with sometimes but, the others will give you decent to terrible results.

Yes, if you can rip your game to ISO it should help in speed a bit and in loading times. To Rip it use MagicISO or any other program that allows you to do it.

If you are using pcsx2 0.9.6, then give the Beta r1888 a try along with the latest plugin packs.

Link: http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta

It would also help if you told us the game you are trying to run.
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz
6GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 275 GTX Co-Op
HDD 2x750GB Raid 0
Mobo - Asus P6T
OCZ Game XStream 700W
Window 7 Ultimate
i'm running many games actually. right now i'm trying shadow of the collosus & it's slow as hell. and i thought a normal dual core 2.3 was enough lol, guess i was way off.
anyways, its still slow even when i load the iso image (i figured out how). is there anything i can do for that?
shadow of the collosus is a relativly heavy game
FFX and kingdom hearts might run full speed with speedhacks tho
[Image: 1454055.png]
how do i configure speed hacks then?
DUDE, got it to run flawlessly except for the sound. Here is my config for the speedhacks and the video 4 anyone interested:
first off i'm using an iso image and not the real dvd.
speedhacks: default cycle rate & both the NTSC sync and the iopx2 cycle rate enabled.
graphics: the only things i changed were the d3d internal res (800x600) and the aspect ratio (4:3) enabled nloop hack and texture filtering only.
now if anyone would help in the audio department i'd be most obliged.