Options for North American Ps2 Users with PAL games?
(08-12-2012, 08:21 AM)vsub Wrote: To put it as simple as possible:
1.You must have FMCB installed - you have that
2.To have ESR in the memory card(it's part of FMCB installation package and if you didn't remove anything from it,then you probably have it on the card too)
3.Make an image(ISO)of the game by using ImgBurn
4.Patch the image with ESR Disk Patcher
5.Burn the game with ImgBurn(you choose the brand but the most recommended one is Verbatim and it's better to be DVD+R because +R can be booktyped(option in ImgBurn)that makes the disk as DVD-ROM which are like the original disks and the PS2 have less problems reading from those disk)

That's all.
What I mention in the previous posts are just different ways to play if you want(not from the disk)
Ok, I got the game in the mail today. Ill try this, hopefully itll work

Sponsored links

(08-12-2012, 08:21 AM)vsub Wrote: To put it as simple as possible:
1.You must have FMCB installed - you have that
2.To have ESR in the memory card(it's part of FMCB installation package and if you didn't remove anything from it,then you probably have it on the card too)
3.Make an image(ISO)of the game by using ImgBurn
4.Patch the image with ESR Disk Patcher
5.Burn the game with ImgBurn(you choose the brand but the most recommended one is Verbatim and it's better to be DVD+R because +R can be booktyped(option in ImgBurn)that makes the disk as DVD-ROM which are like the original disks and the PS2 have less problems reading from those disk)

That's all.
What I mention in the previous posts are just different ways to play if you want(not from the disk)
Ok so I made an ISO of the game, so now I need to patch it with ESR, how do I do that exactly, and so I need DVDs to burn it on?? I have blank 700 MB CD-Rs, is that ok?
The hack\esr works only with DVD games,not CD.
If the game is less than 700mb,then it will be hard,but if it is above 1gb...i already explained what you have to do...patch=>burn on dvd with imgburn=>play
(08-15-2012, 07:02 PM)vsub Wrote: The hack\esr works only with DVD games,not CD.
If the game is less than 700mb,then it will be hard,but if it is above 1gb...i already explained what you have to do...patch=>burn on dvd with imgburn=>play
Sorry that was a stupid question to begin with. Ok, so I went out and I got Verbatim DVD-R discs. I also got memorex Dual Layered Dvd+R discs. heres why. I made the iso of the Siren 2 game and its 5.4 GB. Now every single Dvd-R blank I came across no matter the brand was 4.7 GB. Is this going to be a problem?
If the image of the game is 5.4gb,that means the game is using DVD9 game and it need DVD9 disc to be able to burn the disk.

DVD5 is 4.5gb
DVD9 is around 9gb

God of War 1/2
Gran Turismo 4
Xenosaga 1 and so on are on DVD9 disk.

I have no idea how well DVD9 games work with ESR
(08-15-2012, 08:40 PM)vsub Wrote: If the image of the game is 5.4gb,that means the game is using DVD9 game and it need DVD9 disc to be able to burn the disk.

DVD5 is 4.5gb
DVD9 is around 9gb

God of War 1/2
Gran Turismo 4
Xenosaga 1 and so on are on DVD9 disk.

I have no idea how well DVD9 games work with ESR
Ok so just use the Memorex one I got right? And how do you use ESR on the ps2 exactly?
Is that Memorex disk DVD9?
I still prefer Verbatim
ESR on the PS2 normally works without any need for you to do anything,just start the PS2,place the disk and that's all...like the original disks.
(08-15-2012, 08:44 PM)vsub Wrote: Is that Memorex disk DVD9?
I still prefer Verbatim
ESR on the PS2 normally works without any need for you to do anything,just start the PS2,place the disk and that's all...like the original disks.

I imagine, I searched DVD 9 on amazon and thats the first thing that came up. Ok so just burn the image file on the disc and start ESR?
The first thing is patching it with the ESR patcher(PC program)and after that burning the disk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJHLwNLbye4
(08-15-2012, 08:51 PM)vsub Wrote: The first thing is patching it with the ESR patcher(PC program)and after that burning the disk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJHLwNLbye4
OK, I patched the Image file and now im burning it to the disc.