Osx Lion
Hello everyone , i've just heard about pcsx 2 from a friend so i decided to check it out but i've read so many things about it for snow leopard , leopard etc but nothing about Lion so my question is

Does Pcsx2 work on Lion and what do i have to do to make it run because after installing the application and opening it i get a x11 opening up and loading stuff and than says

dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Library/Frameworks/Cg.framework/Cg
Referenced from: /Applications/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/./pcsx2
Reason: image not found
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 1316 Trace/BPT trap: 5 ./pcsx2

Hope you guyz can help me with it Smile

Sponsored links

PCSX2 works even better with Lion actually...

You can't just download the application and it will run on its own. Have you downloaded the nvidia cg framework and xquartz? This is what PCSX2 runs off of, and is required for it to work.

From your code it looks like the Cg framework hasn't been installed yet. Get the framework and xquartz from the forum guide links: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-to-run

It looks like if x11 is opening up for you before opening PCSX2 maybe you already downloaded xquartz and still need to download the Cg framework?

Good luck
13" MacBook Pro (March 2011)
Display: 1280x800
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz w/ 2.9 GHz Turbo Boost
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
(10-11-2011, 04:33 PM)flurgle Wrote: PCSX2 works even better with Lion actually...

You can't just download the application and it will run on its own. Have you downloaded the nvidia cg framework and xquartz? This is what PCSX2 runs off of, and is required for it to work.

From your code it looks like the Cg framework hasn't been installed yet. Get the framework and xquartz from the forum guide links: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-to-run

It looks like if x11 is opening up for you before opening PCSX2 maybe you already downloaded xquartz and still need to download the Cg framework?

Good luck

I've installed everything and now when i load pcsx2 in xquartz and load the command to run pcsx2 i get and error saying :

Unable to load bios: 'bios/SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.BIN', PCSX2 can't run without that

what do i do for this?
Does pcsx2 still open? Have you tried running the bios (no disc) from the file menu?

If it can't load then maybe your bios is corrupt or bad or incomplete or something like that.

What do you mean by "load the command to run pcsx2"? You shouldn't have to load any commands in xquartz, just use the buttons on the application.
(10-11-2011, 07:23 PM)flurgle Wrote: Does pcsx2 still open? Have you tried running the bios (no disc) from the file menu?

If it can't load then maybe your bios is corrupt or bad or incomplete or something like that.

What do you mean by "load the command to run pcsx2"? You shouldn't have to load any commands in xquartz, just use the buttons on the application.

Ok so here's the thing

to load pcsx2 i have to open xquartz and load commands to open pcsx2
then a blueish box pcsx2 open up and when i try to run cd and load my iso i get a zerogs black boss and an xterm box opening saying read error 0 lots of times and then it just stop loading and i get

ZeroGS: Disabling MRT depth writing
ZeroGS: dummy transfer
Bus error: 10

at the end of process.

Never seen that before. It could still be a bad bios.
Have you tried just running a game?
And do you have zzogl PG 0.1.0 for your graphics plugin from the pcsx2mac downloads page? It's a more recent graphics plugin with greater compatibility.

Lots of work, I know, but once you get it working it works for good.
ok so i've deleted all the pcsx2 i had and restarted to 0

now i've just opened it and tried what you said running bios and i get this message in x11

Plugins opened successfully.
GetElfName: SYSTEM.CNF not found; invalid cd image or no disc present.
Issuing EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset [mem/structure cleanup]
vtlb/mmap: Block Tracking reset...
iR3000A Resetting recompiler memory and structures
Running the PS2 BIOS...
Opening Plugins...
Plugins opened successfully.
GetElfName: SYSTEM.CNF not found; invalid cd image or no disc present.
ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing
Offset 0xea000000 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 1721 Bus error: 10 ./pcsx2
Wait a minute... what are your computer specs? Graphics card in particular.
Well it seems like i've been able to run it now after some times.

My graphic card should be a nvidia since i have a macbook pro

But i still have another problem ... 2 actually -_-'

When i load my game everything run smooth but there's no sound at all plus my ps3 controller dosnt seems to work at all Sad

Easy fixes:

1. In the sound plugin config box there is a "mute" option that is checked by default. Go ahead and uncheck all of these boxes as that is usually the best and fastest setting.

2. Update your controller plugin to Onepad 1.1.0. Zedr0n just released this and it should work great.

http://pcsx2mac.net/files/Onepad-1.1.0.dmg