Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over Clock to Obtain 3 GHZ
guys how to overclock my pc i have 1GB Ram, 1GB nvidia video card 9400GT with 2.20 GHZ AMD sempron.. Does overclock helps pcsx2 to run faster and does it dangerous to overclock my pc please help me to decide weather to overclock it or not.. if yes.. Post some steps to overclock my pc in a proper way.. hehehehe I just want to play FFX in fullspeed i only obtain 20fps in battle and higher sometimes..

Sponsored links

Overclock helps get more speed but I doubt you'll get much with that CPU
Yeah, if you are confident enough (and know enough) to OC your single core CPU to 3.0Ghz, I'd bet you could get reasonable or playable speed with FFX. It'll take a lot of Speedhacks, but don't necessarily expect full speed.
overclocking 800mhz won't magicly add 40fps.
7 or 8 fps maybe but it will still be unplayable.
[Image: 1454055.png]
guys is there another way to increase my GHZ to be able to play pcsx2 in full speed, if there some parts ill buy it, please advice me what do i buy to increase my GHZ.
(10-18-2010, 02:58 AM)jinkazama2k7 Wrote: guys is there another way to increase my GHZ to be able to play pcsx2 in full speed, if there some parts ill buy it, please advice me what do i buy to increase my GHZ.

Download this software: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Take screenshots of the CPU and Mainboard tabs and post them here.
Specs in Profile
here is my cpuz is this possible to overclock upto 3.2 ghz?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Maybe but you will need to buy an aftermarket cpu cooler since the regulat one may not be enough to cool the processor above stock speeds.
phenom2x49553.8ghz,asrock870extreme3,650txcorsair,cmhyper212plus,500gb samsungf3,16x hp dvd burner,hp 2509m monitor,zotac 9800gt eco,3gb ddr3 1333mhz .
I am not sure about you motherboard but anyway if windows won't start after changing,enter bios and return changes to normal.If you let it go three times it could damage the motherboard. Also never increse voltage of memory.I wouldn't recomend changing any voltage on PC at all.
At 3.2GHz, you'll be running at 30 FPS instead of 20, but that still isn't full speed. Instead of buying an expensive aftermarket cooler, look for dual-core processors compatible with your motherboard. If your PC isn't compatible with current Athlon II X2 Regors, I reckon you can find older Brisbanes and Windsors for under $50.