Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over heating problem
Sad 
Hey guys,
i was playing final fantasy 10 on my computer.. but my PC gets overheated after 10 minutes.. and im worried, is there anything to cooldown the computer for an hour of gameplay? here are my pc specs:
Operating System : windows 7 homepremium
Hp probook 4530s
Processor: Intel® Core i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.10Ghz
installed memory:4gb
system type: 64-bit operating system
more advanced info:

CPU: total 4 (2 cores per cpu, 2 threads per core) family 6 model 42 stepping 7, cmov, cx8, fxsr, mmx, sse, sse2, sse3, ssse3, sse4.1, sse4.2, popcnt, avx, ht, tsc, tscinvbit

Memory: 4k page, physical 4127096k(1104404k free), swap 8252340k(3025284k free)

oh and another question.. how can i find out if the cloaking speed is high or low? that is important for jpcsp emulator
thx

Sponsored links

well PCSX2 forums is not the best place to ask such a thing Wink

the problem is with your Laptop nothing we can do !!

what you can do :

1- clean off the fans and heatsink !

2- replace Thermal Paste

3- buy a cooling Pad !
The thing is, the more things your CPU and GPU need to process, the higher the temperature rises. Especially on lower end or older models.

Look at the emulation window. The EE% shows how much CPU power it's using, while the GS% shows the GPU vice versa... The higher the % is, the more things being processed and more of the CPU resources are used. Simply put it, higher % is synonymous with your PC heating up. Not to mention it's harder on laptops than on desktops.
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
so just to continue with pyro, you need to make sure that when you are playing, only pcsx2 is on and everything else is off. You can try setting your overall computer into performance mode as opposed to visual or balance, which should lighten the load a bit. The most important thing is that you play in a cool area, with a cooling pad underneath. Get a good one. Also do what abdo suggested and do a good cleaning of the inside. I remember when I first got my 4850, a few moths later it was caked in dust bunnies and overheating issues until i cleaned it and ive never had any issues since.
i5 2500K 3.3ghz turbo to 4.2ghz
ATI 4850 512MB
8GB DDR3 RAM
(08-24-2012, 06:20 PM)Vincent555 Wrote: Hey guys,
i was playing final fantasy 10 on my computer.. but my PC gets overheated after 10 minutes.. and im worried, is there anything to cooldown the computer for an hour of gameplay? here are my pc specs:
Operating System : windows 7 homepremium
Hp probook 4530s
Processor: Intel® Core i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.10Ghz
installed memory:4gb
system type: 64-bit operating system
more advanced info:

CPU: total 4 (2 cores per cpu, 2 threads per core) family 6 model 42 stepping 7, cmov, cx8, fxsr, mmx, sse, sse2, sse3, ssse3, sse4.1, sse4.2, popcnt, avx, ht, tsc, tscinvbit

Memory: 4k page, physical 4127096k(1104404k free), swap 8252340k(3025284k free)

oh and another question.. how can i find out if the cloaking speed is high or low? that is important for jpcsp emulator
thx

Whoa whoa whoa. This completely caught me off guard. Is this just a typo or are you honestly asking about JPCSP on the PCSX2 forum?
I didnt catch this either, mostly because i still have no idea what jpcsp is. DOH
i5 2500K 3.3ghz turbo to 4.2ghz
ATI 4850 512MB
8GB DDR3 RAM
It's a java based PSP emulator. Still runs like crap though. Don't know when we'll ever get decent PSP emulation (they're not too expensive these days though).
(08-24-2012, 06:47 PM)PyroBunta Wrote: Whoa whoa whoa. This completely caught me off guard. Is this just a typo or are you honestly asking about JPCSP on the PCSX2 forum?

is it a crime to ask something off topic? just need some help man nothing more... you people look like your experts in computer and C++ and stuff.
It's not, but we've got rules for a reason, this forum will turn into kitchen sink otherwise. Anyway, the OP did say FF10 so he's still talking about pcsx2 at least initially.

There's a JPCSP thread somewhere in this forum, ask there and I'll try to help you. Be more clear though.

@PyroBunta
If you ever bother to read through many testimony about current JPCSP, you'd know that you're terribly wrong.
No. I'm intrigued really. I really wish JPCSP was better than it used to. Last time I tried it there was a lot of problems and compability issues. Also it looking worse than playing games on a real PSP. If it got any better I'm interested in finding out naoan.