Overclocking CPU - Audio Too Fast
(04-07-2010, 08:52 AM)k1net1cs Wrote: What's your mobo make & model?

MSI P55M-GD45

Quote:I just noticed you're running from a DVD disc. Make an ISO of your disc and use the internal ISO reader to play, that could do it.

I'm actually running it from an ISO.

Quote:Also try disabling 5.1 expansion in SPU2-X

It was originally off, but I tried it as on to see if it helped, and it didn't :\

Sponsored links

Hmm...dunno; I'm just picking up straws here.
Seems odd that an overclock affects only PCSX2.

Well, at the moment your only 'friend' is probably MSI's utility for software OC-ing. =/
Tried updating BIOS or something?
Maybe wiping out the audio driver from MSI (I think DriverSweeper supports Realtek chipsets) and using the generic one that came with Win7?
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz ([email protected])
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
TBH i also have the sound problems with the newest public beta version. Perfect gaphics except when trying to run the classic sonic games collection cd which makes sonic stiped and blinking. But the rest runs smoothly. Sound ok but music is fast.
Tried in FFXII too where CGI is good and ingame dialogues go really fast so you cant really hear a word of it.
I have currently only been trying from cd i will try to use ISO too.
BTW is that regular ISO of the normal cd or are there special rules for the PS2 games?
I have also tried to push all options on the sound tweaking to make it as slow as possible but to no avail.
I i push far enough i get an error but only with the latency option.
What is your advanced settings for Time-stretch? Also, don't mount the ISO w/ Daemon Tools or w.e, use LinuzISO plugin or the built-in ISO loader that comes w/ 0.9.7
CPU: i7 930 @ 2.8GHz(Everyday)/3.6GHz(Gaming)/4.0GHz(Encoding)
GPU: Geforce GTX 480 @ 850MHz/1001MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E
RAM: 2x3 6GB OCZ @ 1527MHz 8-8-8-24
Hi people, Its a old thread but I found the fix for that problem:
Go to SPU2-X Settings and change Synchronizing Mode TimeStretch (Default) to Async Mix. Im using now PCSX2 v1.0.0
Now i can play games with my overclocked CPU (It havent multiplier unlocked) Its AMD Phenom2 x2 550 no black edition (crappy version) to 3.6 Ghz.
Hope this help someone who didnt know.
U can try changing sound latency (SPU2 settings)
(02-13-2014, 05:25 PM)danapu Wrote: U can try changing sound latency (SPU2 settings)

Please don't dig up old threads
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]