• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overclocking Processor
Heart 
Hi everyone this is my PC and I would like to overclock my processor :
AMD II X2 220 2.79Ghz(2CPU)
4GB of Ram DDR3
Nvidia GeFroce 8500GT DDR2
Mainboard:A880GM-M7

Can anyone give me instructions how to overclock my processor ?
Thx.in advance! Smile

Sponsored links

there is some youtube videos for the athlong 250 which should be similar

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=A880GM...66&bih=638
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
Is that a Black Edition Athlon cpu? If not I don't think you can overclock it. Also I wonder if you would be better off just using the HD4250 integrated gpu in your mobo instead of using the 8500GT? I have an 880GZ board from Biostar but I never actually tried those graphics because my discrete card is much better, but for you the integrated gpu might be better.
Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP micro ATX Intel motherboard
Intel Core i5 3570K processor @3.4 GHz
Patriot G2 Series 8 GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Sapphire Radeon HD7870XT 2GB GDDR5 RAM
Patriot Pyro SATA III 120 GB SSD
Corsair GS 600W PSU
so you think it will be better to use my intergrated graphic HD4250 than GeForce 8500GT ???
dont do that lol 8500gt all the way Smile

onboard graphics are for display only really, and it misses the shaders and memory to actualy achieve any perfomance at all.
------------------------
------------------------
trolling mode: ACTIVE!
ok..okk Cool
too much overclocking is bad
(09-01-2012, 03:30 AM)Qaddafi Wrote: Is that a Black Edition Athlon cpu? If not I don't think you can overclock it. Also I wonder if you would be better off just using the HD4250 integrated gpu in your mobo instead of using the 8500GT? I have an 880GZ board from Biostar but I never actually tried those graphics because my discrete card is much better, but for you the integrated gpu might be better.

It's not a recent intel, you don't need a black edition to overclock it.

solidus Wrote:too much overclocking is bad

Do you know what are you talking about? Not to be rude...but if overclock is done knowing what to do and what to check it's not dangerous. It's enough not to overcome certain tresholdes like temperature or voltage to be sure that the chip will be fine...
You can only overclock a CPU of your BIOS supports it. Well they're other programs you can use for OC'ing but for safety of your CPU its not worth it to use them.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
(10-21-2012, 04:58 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: You can only overclock a CPU of your BIOS supports it. Well they're other programs you can use for OC'ing but for safety of your CPU its not worth it to use them.

Using software for OC is never the right way to go, even with unlocked CPUs, and I think that only preassembled PCs can have the OC locked in the bios. Retail motherboards have always the possibility of OC (anyway it's enough to check in the web pages of the producer to be sure).