Overheating Question
I was just curious, has there been any known issues with overheating when it comes to running the emu for extended periods of time? And if so, what would be the estimated "safe" runtime?
Thx

Sponsored links

I wouldn't think that running the program (what it ultimately is) would be any more strain then most other programs that you would run on your computer.

Of course thats just my simple common reasoning of it, I could be completly wrong. Biggrin
Indeed,if your cooling is working properly,you should never have any heating issues with PCSX2,or any other stressing application you run
[Image: newsig.jpg]
You should use Orthos for like 2 hours (maybe more) and you'll see the temperatures that you processor can reach using CoreTemp or Speedfan. If you are under 65° you are safe but If it pass the 70°, you must decrease your overclocking Smile
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
Thanks, i'll have to check those out.
don't worry in Prime95 my C2D gets around 64°C and in PCSX2 it's usally around 55°C so PCSX2 doesn't heat the CPU as much. Of course it uses the CPU but not all Cache is used like in Prime95 so overall the CPU is cooler during load in PCSX2.
(12-27-2008, 07:52 AM)Butz_san Wrote: You should use Orthos for like 2 hours (maybe more) and you'll see the temperatures that you processor can reach using CoreTemp or Speedfan. If you are under 65° you are safe but If it pass the 70°, you must decrease your overclocking Smile

80C with 100% load Wink Well if you meant Core tempatures. Normally running below 65 under full load when I look CPUin Tempature
[Image: FireFlower.jpg]
[Image: 463094.png]