Own ps2, but can't get the bios off of it.
So, I know this is only legal if you have a ps2, which I do, HOWEVER I don't have a power cord to it, meaning I can't get the bios off of it....so since I have the console, would getting a bios from the internet be legal or not?

Sponsored links

Nope.
Sorry for you
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You can use a power cord from another device( like a PS3 or other console you might have ).
lol....I dont own any other console xD well there is the psp, but that doesn't have enough voltage to power it on to get the bios from it.
(10-31-2016, 06:51 PM)Badump Wrote: lol....I dont own any other console xD well there is the psp, but that doesn't have enough voltage to power it on to get the bios from it.
Did you mean power suppy instead of power cord?
Power cords for ps3/ps2 are like 5 dollars at any pawn shop, I just recently ripped my bios to. as an added thing, you can get a ps2 with network box and a controller for $25 So there shouldnt be any reason you can't get a power cord.
(10-31-2016, 07:04 PM)rikimaruaxu Wrote: Power cords for ps3/ps2 are like 5 dollars at any pawn shop, I just recently ripped my bios to. as an added thing, you can get a ps2 with network box and a controller for $25 So there shouldnt be any reason you can't get a power cord.

I was going to say, it's just a standard 2 pin plug like this isn't it?

[Image: 140-2.jpg]

They're a penny a dozen.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-31-2016, 08:45 PM)refraction Wrote: They're a penny a dozen.
But like I already said, if it is just about the cord it's very likely that there's no need to buy another one. There's bound to be device around the house that already has one that can be borrowed for the dumping.
The PS2 power cable isn't the same as a PS2
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Well if it's a fatty PS2, than all he'll need is the single power cord because it has an internal PS. If it's a slim like I have, you'll need the separate adapter as well.