Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PC Gamepad Advice
Hi everyone !

I had a question regarding gamepads for the PC.
Recently I have considered getting a gamepad for the PC
(a playstation assimilate) and I want to see if there is anyone
in this forum who has any idea of which one are good?

I have also heard that you can use a adapter to be able to
use the Sony playstation 2 controller(gamepad) on the PC...

So my question to you guys are:

...Is there any pc gamepad that is better than the original
playstation 2 gamepad or would you go for the original playstation 2
console gamepad?

If anyone has tested different types of gamepads I would be
really thankful for hearing the different opinions !!

Once again....very thankful for all Help I can get Smile

Sponsored links

I have Rumblepad 2 and it really is awesome. It's like a playstation 2 controller but with support for PC games (pcsx2 included ofc). The only problem is that most of the Gayme for Windows nowadays don't support force feedback on controllers others than the microsoft xbox 360 one. There are various workarounds though. eg: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-9802.html...controller

I would only advice you to buy one of these controllers: Rumblepad 2 (wireless or cable - whatever fits you better) or XBOX 360 Controller.

But then again i have never tried any other controllers...I'm just saying i love my rumblepad 2 =P

PS: Rumblepad 2 cheaper than 360!

PS2: Yes i meant vibration when i said game for windows don't support force feedback =P
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
I use a generic wireless PS3 controller and it works great for PS2 games. I've also hooked up my actual PS3 controller to my PC as well with similar positive results.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I agree on the rumblepad 2 for pc gamepad, other than that a PS3 or xbox360 controllers should work really well too.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(10-25-2009, 10:34 PM)Koji Wrote: I use a generic wireless PS3 controller and it works great for PS2 games. I've also hooked up my actual PS3 controller to my PC as well with similar positive results.

Sorry but what is the name of the "generic wireless ps3 controller", what
is the brand and model?
(10-25-2009, 10:27 PM)pedrosilvaa Wrote: I have Rumblepad 2 and it really is awesome. It's like a playstation 2 controller but with support for PC games (pcsx2 included ofc). The only problem is that most of the Gayme for Windows nowadays don't support force feedback on controllers others than the microsoft xbox 360 one. There are various workarounds though. eg: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-9802.html...controller

I would only advice you to buy one of these controllers: Rumblepad 2 (wireless or cable - whatever fits you better) or XBOX 360 Controller.

But then again i have never tried any other controllers...I'm just saying i love my rumblepad 2 =P

...Thanks for the help...

..I just need to understand what you mean by force feedback, is that
the vibration that you're talking about or does that include something
else?

PS: Rumblepad 2 cheaper than 360!
Rumblepad 2(awesome gamepad) although it's isn't as good as a ps2 controller with a usb adapter.
No name on the controller... Hence the term "generic". It was a $20 wireless controller sold in the PS3 section of the walmart electronics section. Works great on the PS3 and on PC.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I dont understand how anyone can like original ps2 controller, its small and crampy ( designed for small asian kids hands ), left thumbstick is in thumbbreaking place, and its uncomfortable to hold it... I would say buy x360 controller for PC and mod the only bad thing in it ( d-pad ).
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
Its all about personal choice, you like the 360 pad, others like the PS Pad.
Me, I detest the 360 pad, a horrible cheap plasticy design, with dreadful staggered thumbsticks, THE worst D-pad of all time, and awful dead-zone.
The PS2 dual shock is, imho, one of THE most iconic pad designs ever, and up there with one of the best pads of all time. Proper thumb sticks that sit in the correct place, quality buttons, decent "Classic" d-pad, and quality overall design.
I always said that, if you hold up your hands and pretend to hold a imaginary gamepad, your thumbs naturally fit in with the dual-shock pad's design, your thumbs aren't naturally staggered, like on a 360 pad, causing RSI-like pain after a few hours.

But, everyone's different, otherwise it would be a boring industry if we all thought the same.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
I have a Hama Black Force Pad, which is actually a total copy of the PS2 controller with USB interface.

[Image: hama+black+force+pc+usb+gamepad]

I don't know if it is available in the US though, I live in Germany. It's very cheap (10€) but so far it is absolutely reliable.
Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
Enermax Triathlor 450W PSU