PC freezes and wont turn on after saving in Okami
disconnect the Hard drive and see if you get the message about a missing boot disc. the GPU would not cause the PC to not boot. (I've had several fail on me) if it is indeed the PSU or mobo you'll know right away

Sponsored links

Some motherboards don't do that. For some reason they have neither a splash screen nor a POST, however it is graphics or mainboard. If it was the HDD there would still be some error message saying that a boot device couldn't be found.

Does the computer make "start up sounds" such as a HDD trying to be accessed during boot? If so its most likely the GPU, other wise I'm going main board.
i7 4930k @4.3, 4x4 GB RAM @2133 (15-15-15-27, quad channel), EVGA 570 @stock, Arch 64b.
Anything can cause the PC not to boot if it fails in a clever enough way. I had a hard drive fail in such a way that it would cause a black screen on turn on.

A GPU could result in a black screen, but unless it was a strange failure you should still hear the POST beep.

Failed memory should generate some sort of beep code. Note in this case I mean completely failed memory, as in, something is electrically wrong with it. Or it's not seated correctly.

Failed CPU might, or might not do anything. The last one I had die caused a beep code.

Failed PSU might do any number of things, depending on how/what part of it failed(e.g. all the rails or just one for instance)
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I haven't heard a computer beep in over 12 years, mine or anyone else's.
i7 4930k @4.3, 4x4 GB RAM @2133 (15-15-15-27, quad channel), EVGA 570 @stock, Arch 64b.
Hearing problems? Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]