PC getting low FPS HEEELLPPP
I threw together a PC from some spare parts to emulate all my old games on, I have wii and gamecube working perfect but am at wits end with pcsx2. My pc has a core2duo E8400, 4gb ram, and an nvidia gts 450 but no matter how i change the settings i never get more than around 30-35 fps. I dont believe its a cpu issue because it only hits around 60% usage when running, ive tried various video plugins and settings i have no enhancements on. It even runs slow at completely default settings after a fresh install. Ive also tried older versions of pcsx2 because ive heard they run faster but i still get the exact same fps, I just cant figure it out. I am also running windows 10 if that matters maybe theres some type of issue because of that, but anyway any help would be very very very appreciated

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-02-2015, 11:02 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

CPU: Core2Duo E8400
GPU: Geforce GTS 450
RAM: 4GB

PCSX2 Version 1.2.1 (Have also tried 1.0.0)
Settings as of now are 100% Default
Ive tried playing the tony hawk underground games, and the jak and daxter series games, they all get similar FPS and are all being played from the disks
And both are too demanding for your CPU/GPU.
Keep playing them on your ps2 for now
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Try to play them from ISO. That produces better fps. Still unsure if this will really help you.

What are ee%/gs% during slowdowns?
(08-02-2015, 11:16 PM)willkuer Wrote: Try to play them from ISO. That produces better fps. Still unsure if this will really help you.

What are ee%/gs% during slowdowns?

EE is about 70%, and GS is around 40%
as jesalvein stated, stick to your ps2
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Im starting to think this is possibly a windows 10 issue I just went and installed it on my main PC which is an i7 3770K overclocked to 4.2 GHz a GTX 980 Ti and 16 GB RAM and while its a little better im only getting about 40-45 FPS
So as jesalvein said your system is quite weak. And I am not sure if you are able to ever get something close to full/normal speed. Upscaling is also not possible for you so the question is why you would like to use the emulator. If it is about using savestates and/or cheats or your ps2 is broken one can invest some time.

It's your choice. Do you want to continue or rather stick to your ps2 or PC games?
(08-02-2015, 11:36 PM)willkuer Wrote: So as jesalvein said your system is quite weak. And I am not sure if you are able to ever get something close to full/normal speed. Upscaling is also not possible for you so the question is why you would like to use the emulator. If it is about using savestates and/or cheats or your ps2 is broken one can invest some time.

It's your choice. Do you want to continue or rather stick to your ps2 or PC games?

My PS2 DVD drive is broken plus id like one system to play all so id like to get this working ive seen people with this cpu play with reasonable frames and the gpu definitely shouldnt be a problem