Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PC or Console, which do you choose?
The people on here love, or at least like, consoles, or why would this site exsist eh?!

But when it comes down to it, which do you favour?

For me, its gotta be the pc, theres just a certain aura about it, sitting on a desk, playing with a mouse and keyboard. Having to tweak or upgrade fix or cry, I love it.

Not to say I dont love the simplicity of a console, you just put a disk in and play. Sit back relax, and admire at your handywork with that highscore board with only your name on it, because your the only person who ever played bubble bobble.

Consoles only really started for me with the play station, and red alert. It was the first game i played on the playstation, but I didnt yet own one. Later on we acctually got one, and i borrowed ffVII from a friend, and my life was over. Because of this im now a pc fanatic, technology amazes me. How come something as simple (yet as complex) as electricity turn into something I can see and interact with? I dont learn these things, I dont want to waste the wonder of it.

But whats your choice between the two?
Piracy and Being a vegetarian that eats Quorn are alike.

Your in denial, and want the real thing, not matter what you think.

CPU:E8500 MB:Asus P5Q-E RAM: 3Gigs of Corsair domination 5-5-5-15 GfxCard:ATI Radion HD 4870 OC'd @775Mhz GPU, 1000Mhz GDDR5 Ram

Sponsored links

i like playing console games on an emulator that offers special features.
like pcsx2 + gsdx gives high-def graphics, ps1/snes/nes/gba emus have filters, and most emus have saved states, disabling framelimiter for RPGs, etc...

stuff like that make games even funner than the original.
I prefer PC Overall But when a New final Fantasy game comes out i always buy whatever system is required to play it, Hence when ff13 comes out then i will buy a ps3 ect... but besides that My vote goes to PC
Smoke Till I Choke, High Till I die
When i Die ima be so high that ima get up and walk leaving the concrete Bare with the Chalk Outline Still there.
PC mainly but I like consoles also. Sadly Xbox 360 and PS3 cost too much that time so I bought Wii because of the casual games and controller. Also I can play now gamecube games too (yeah I bought wireless controller too, and memory card. Currently only one game for gamecube, 3 for wii).
[Image: FireFlower.jpg]
[Image: 463094.png]
(12-22-2008, 11:26 PM)FireFlower Wrote: PC mainly but I like consoles also. Sadly Xbox 360 and PS3 cost too much that time so I bought Wii because of the casual games and controller. Also I can play now gamecube games too (yeah I bought wireless controller too, and memory card. Currently only one game for gamecube, 3 for wii).

I despise the PS3 and Xbox 360, These new consoles are trying become more like computers, internet browser ect ect, it was a nice gimmik on the dreamcast, now its just annoying. The games are nice, but shouldnt be console exclusive, a PC can outperform a console anyday. But the very most annoying thing is the "ports" games brought over from the 360, with very little changes, gears of war halo ect ect. Grrrrr.

The WII on the other hand is <3, its a funky system, and the most fun i've had swivveling my hips (seriously, wii fit acrobatics), and the old retro emulation is fun, i've always wanted to play donky kong on a new generation console! I don't care if its graphics don't look as good as the 360 or ps3, the wii is a legend!
Piracy and Being a vegetarian that eats Quorn are alike.

Your in denial, and want the real thing, not matter what you think.

CPU:E8500 MB:Asus P5Q-E RAM: 3Gigs of Corsair domination 5-5-5-15 GfxCard:ATI Radion HD 4870 OC'd @775Mhz GPU, 1000Mhz GDDR5 Ram
PC.

"Every single console will eventually run on a PC Emulator someday"
Processor: Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHZ
Memory: 3GB RAM Kingston
Mainboard: Intel DC33BU
Video Card : GeForce 9600 GT 512MB GDDR3
(12-23-2008, 04:54 AM)Akuma_fer Wrote: PC.

"Every single console will eventually run on a PC Emulator someday"

That's right and just like that every single game will eventually turn into an ISO or ROM 'cause the console it was designed for doesn't sell any more, and even if the console still on the market,there will always be a place were you can find the game and a emu to play it.On the other hand PC games will last as long as the OS support the game and I have games in my colection that were made originlay for DOS and still work on XP(some a bit faster than they should but still playable).Plus the emus have many advantages like the savestates,the turbo button(if you have little patience like me),etc.The best of the emus is how to get the ROMs and ISOs,but....hehe,if I speak of all the things I know 'bout this particular topic here,the admins would ban me.
PC Overall for me. But I also love consoles.
Old habits die hard - System Shock
PC
Like Akuma_fer said
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770s 3.1 GHz (Turbo 3.9 GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4096 MB
RAM: 8192 MB DDR3
MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V LK
I prefer PC.
Just because of what azure6610 said in his/her first post, and what Akuma_fer said.
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja