PC runs crysis on high but not MGS3
Hello, like the title says, my PC can run Crysis on high with 45+FPS, but it cant run Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater with decent frames per second. maybe i haven't configured the emulator right or something, i don't know...i need some help please...

My Specs:
AMD Phenom X4 2.6 ghz
4GB (2x2gb) Corsair Dominator 1066 MHZ
ATI 4670 1GB GFX
SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Sound Card
600 Watt PSU
over 100 gb of free space on HDD
I am running Windows Vista x86 Ultimate...

Can any 1 help me configure, or at least tell me why it ain't running good please..MGS 3 is the only game id like to play.

Sponsored links

First of all, don't even compare pcsx2 with a pc game. They are two very different things. It's like comparing apples and lettuce.
Second of all, what are your settings?
For now, my advice would be to use GSDX in directx10 hardware mode and use some speed hacks.
EDIT: Oh, and did you went through the setup guide properly? A lot of people tend to take the guide for granted.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
Graphics: GSDX 890 SSE2 it is in DX 10 Hardware
Sound: SPU2

Sorry, i didn't know about the comparing part.
yes i have gone thru the guide, but i just dont understand some things in it, so i don't touch...
MGS3 game demand high clock cpu, try to oc your cpu and take pcsx2 r.984 or above, enable new speed hack (vu cycle stealing) set to moderate, use gsdx r.1006 0.1.15 or above. Play this game in directx.10 mode.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
can u tell me the name of a good OCing tool for my CPU, and what i should OC to?
Bios mobo is the best but this option isnt recomanded unless you already known about oc your cpu.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
overclocking can damage your computer if your cpu gets too hot so monitor the temperatures
q6600 OC @ 3.3Ghz, 4gb ddr2 ram, nvidia gtx 260, 2x 1 tb hard disk
(04-21-2009, 12:54 AM)coud Wrote: overclocking can damage your computer if your cpu gets too hot so monitor the temperatures

Silly, that's what after market coolers are for. Yeah, sure, it can set you back at least $40 (a good cooler) and at most $60 (a better cooler). Anyways, like Register said, if you don't know where to start, then it is recommended that you don't dive in head first. Google is your friend. Look up something like "overclocking for beginners."
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
There is a safer way you could do it.
There are programs that can overclock your cpu from windows just google.
Then download a temperature monitor and your set.
If you make a wrong configuration windows just restarts and you can try again.
(04-21-2009, 01:07 PM)xSeraphim Wrote: There is a safer way you could do it.
There are programs that can overclock your cpu from windows just google.
Then download a temperature monitor and your set.
If you make a wrong configuration windows just restarts and you can try again.

Thanks will do...Thanks to everyone for the info...Much apreciated!!! ;-)