PC specs okay?
Hi all.

I'm new to the emulation scene and have been trying to figure out if my PC is fast enough to handle a few old PS2 games.

Can someone be good enough to review my PC specs and advise me?

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 630 (2.8GHz)
RAM: 4GB
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5670 512MB

The main games I am interested in playing are "The Warriors" and "Outlaw Tennis"

Thanks in advance

Moozer

Sponsored links

Overclock your cpu to at least 3.2-3.3 ghz and you should be fine. Your graphics card is okay but try overclocking it also.
CPU: SandyBridge-E 3970X @ 5 Ghz GPU: Quad sli GTX 690's
MOBO: EVGA Classified SRX STORAGE: 8x Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB (4 TB) RAID 0
RAM: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 96GB 2133 Mhz OS: Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit
COOLER: Phase Cooling OCZ Cryo-Z (Temps: -37 C) PSU: EVGA SuperNova Nex1500 Classified Biggrin

I don't think that AMD CPU is even overclockable, thought that the Phenom version of the Athlon II isn't a black edition.
You'll have to do base clock overclocking on that cpu (Provided that your motherboard supports bclk overclocking). It'll be harder and less noob friendly. But there are many tutorials online that should help anyone with overclocking that cpu.
COOLER: Phase Cooling OCZ Cryo-Z (Temps: -37 C) PSU: EVGA SuperNova Nex1500 Classified Biggrin

Thanks for the replies.

(02-24-2013, 05:54 PM)Princeatom Wrote: Overclock your cpu to at least 3.2-3.3 ghz and you should be fine. Your graphics card is okay but try overclocking it also.

Any suggestions on overclocking would be appreciated. Is nTune a decent one to use? Or is that for nVidia products only?
(02-24-2013, 11:43 PM)moozer Wrote: Thanks for the replies.

Any suggestions on overclocking would be appreciated. Is nTune a decent one to use? Or is that for nVidia products only?

It's only for Nvidia chipsets (motherboards). To see if you are able to overclock. Give us your motherboard name and model number.

Thanks!

Mobo is Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 rev1.0

RAM: DDR2 667MHz Dual channel (if that helps at all!!)

Is AMD overdrive a suitable program? Also, ATI Catalyst software permits increasing clock speed - worth a try?
(02-25-2013, 12:00 AM)moozer Wrote: Thanks!

Mobo is Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 rev1.0

RAM: DDR2 667MHz Dual channel (if that helps at all!!)

Is AMD overdrive a suitable program? Also, ATI Catalyst software permits increasing clock speed - worth a try?
Overclocking might harm your system so be aware of what you are doing. I suggest you read this guide first before overclocking http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showt...p?t=555058 The good thing is that you can overclock by going into your bios and adjusting parameters. If you are lazy download EasyTune 6 from here http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product...82#utility and overclock your cpu that way. Make sure that your ram stays at 667 mhz because it'll overclock the ram frequency when you are adjusting your base clock. The base clock will also change your HT link speed and Northbridge Frequency which causes BSOD's (These can only be adjusted in your bios). For GPU overclocking I would prefer Msi Afterburner but Overdrive is ok for overclocking your graphics card too.

(02-25-2013, 12:35 AM)Princeatom Wrote: Overclocking might harm your system so be aware of what you are doing. I suggest you read this guide first before overclocking http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showt...p?t=555058 The good thing is that you can overclock by going into your bios and adjusting parameters. If you are lazy download EasyTune 6 from here http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product...82#utility and overclock your cpu that way. Make sure that your ram stays at 667 mhz because it'll overclock the ram frequency when you are adjusting your base clock. The base clock will also change your HT link speed and Northbridge Frequency which causes BSOD's (These can only be adjusted in your bios). For GPU overclocking I would prefer Msi Afterburner but Overdrive is ok for overclocking your graphics card too.

Hi. I've followed the recommended guides to the letter and have successfully overclocked the CPU to 3.2GHz and has run at a consistent 55C for the last few days now. Thanks.

I've tried Th Warriors on the emulator and it is a bit choppy with some audio lag and slight gameplay lag. Any suggestions on best settings?
That's a quad-core processor? Try the MTVU speedhack.

Though your GPU is a bit weak. Not sure if that GPU can be overclocked any or not.

Does Saphire have it's own overclocking software? Mine is EVGA Overclocked.

Though, your GPU memory is a bit low too, but there's not much you can do about that.