PCSX 0.9.7 Full screen problems
I have been using the 0.9.6 emulator for awhile now and I decided to go ahead and try the newer beta build. But, I have run into some problems with it. On both versions, I have performance issues when I am in windowed mode. I am not sure why this happens, but it is a significant decrease. When I put it in full screen mode in 0.9.6 though, it runs quite well.

The main problem I am having with the new build is that it seems to be runing in windowed mode no matter what I do, thus I have a huge performance loss. I have tried checking the box that tells the emulator to start in full screen mode, but when I load a rom it is in windowed mode. When I hit alt-enter, it goes to a full screen mode, but acts as if it is windowed. The performance hit is there, just as in windowed mode and it transitions too quickly. If I play any other PC game, my TV tells me in the corner what my resolution is (and usually takes a second to change) when the game starts up. It does this with full screen mode on 0.9.6. But, it does not when I alt enter in 0.9.7

I know this is a bit long and I am trying to explain it in the best way I can, so thanks for any help and if I can clarify anything I will try.

Sponsored links

PC specs? PCSX2/Plugin settings? What kind of a "huge performance loss" is it? How much % or FPS

Try disabling Aero if you're in windows 7/Vista. Also in 7/Vista does it do the same with the DX10 fullscreen?

0.9.7 doesn't have a real Fullscreen mode, maybe exclusive fullscreen would help there but it's not implemented as far as I know so all we could do right now is try to find the cause of your slowdowns.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-23-2010, 08:23 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: PC specs? PCSX2/Plugin settings? What kind of a "huge performance loss" is it? How much % or FPS

Try disabling Aero if you're in windows 7/Vista. Also in 7/Vista does it do the same with the DX10 fullscreen?

0.9.7 doesn't have a real Fullscreen mode, maybe exclusive fullscreen would help there but it's not implemented as far as I know so all we could do right now is try to find the cause of your slowdowns.

Sorry, should have put the specs in.

I have
Win 7 64 bit
6 GB Ram
ATi 5770
Phenom II X2 550 3.1 ghz

I don't think I have aero enabled, at least I know that the transparency is not there. I have been using the DX10 setting on the plugin. And the slowdown is very significant. When I play pretty much any of my games in true fullscreen then there are almost no slowdowns at all. I can play KH, KH2, FFX and they run smooth with minimal slowdowns in very few places. But, when I window them the frames drop to like 40-50 and the music slows, voices slow, and everything just runs worse.

Here are my plugin and speed hack settings:

I used the default plugins and also tried the aug 10 plugins.

Thanks for the help!
Try with the older one then (r3068) also that pic shows aero is enabled.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Ok, I went in and changed to windows 7 basic. It helped some, but it is still running slower than the old version. It also has screen tearing even if I enable the vsync. I also tried the older plugin like you said and did not see any difference.