PCSX 0.9.8 Don't work in a good Machine
Hi fellas, I have tried to configure my PCSX2, but I have no sucess, my configuration is simple, but to play PCSX2 i think that should run. I have tryed in my notebook HP Pavillion DV6 - 2088 .

Turion X2 2,2GHZ, 340mb Video, 8gb DDR2.

what have I to do to run this PCSX2 0.9.8 perfectly on my notebook?

Thanks, I hope that you can help me!

OBS: I have tried all tutorials about plugins and speed hacks...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

1 - not a bug report at all. moved to general discussion
2 - what is you problem exactly ?
Any error message ?
3 - Which game are you trying to run ?
4 - 2.2 ghz is a bit weak for pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Notebooks/ Laptops are not much reccomended for PCSX2 for the heat. Try using speedhacks and overclocking your pc a bit. Any cpu/gpu demanding game may run slow.Use the frameskip, set vu's etc. to none etc.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
Quote:and overclocking your pc a bit

A laptop with a Turion ? Overclock ? Why not ...
and don't forget to smash against a wall too Laugh
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
also roast your CPU at 200C Laugh
I love that he called his laptop powerful then said turion 2.2. On the AMD scale I recommend nothing less than a Phenom at 2.8Ghz, or for intel nothing less than an i5. Most laptops will not run PCSX2, especially not an HP, if you want to run PCSX2 on a laptop look to a Macbook pro or a Dell XPS series.
The higher-end Core 2 Duo mobiles are still actually comparable to (or even better than) 1st gen i5, and even some i7 mobiles (with PCSX2). Either way, it takes some of the best available mobile processors to have a good PCSX2 experience with a fair share of games. It will still leave you short in many cases, since laptops barely exceeded 3.0Ghz until more recently. Even then, they're relying heavily on Turbo for that...

But a dated Athlon @ only 2.2Ghz is not powerful at all to PCSX2. Matter of fact, it may not even be enough for full speed with some of the less demanding games.

There is also some concern when your GPU is clearly allocating V-RAM, and has yet to reach 512mb even with that. It should have 512mb dedicated before you expect too much from it.