PCSX Mac Support
I saw that the Mac version of PCSX2 hasen't been updated since 2012, and I'm a little curious about what kind of work went into making the Mac version and what the feasibility of making a new port for El Capitan based on the linux version would be. I would like to see if I can get my hands on the old mac git branch as well if anyone still has access to it.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the mac source code as it looks like http://pcsx2mac.net and http://redmine.pcsx2mac.net don't exist anymore. (or at least they won't load for me)

Some mac-specific challenges that I would foresee are definitely a lack of Mac OpenGL support past 4.1, but I'm also wondering about how much newer versions of OpenGL are utilized and maybe see how hard it would be to look at metal as an option (metal is all new to me, but I'd like to see what it would take to get it working).

I'm doing this as a learning process right now, so I wouldn't expect too much (if anything), but I would like to see if it's feasible, and if it is, I would like to try my hand at getting it to work.

Sponsored links

At least I can tell you PCSX2 only uses a few modern GL extensions so maybe that won't be too bad.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
There is a guy that post a couple of fix recently. Maybe you can organize together.

Most GL4+ extensions are optional. So I don't think it would be such a challenge to support it. (beside some of the missing extension have an apple extension to replace it).
Interesting. I see that there are a few commits from juhalaukkanen for darwin on Github. Is that who you're talking about? Also, I saw the postponed flag on 64-bit. If I want to try getting it to work, should I do so with a 32 or 64 bit target at this stage?

Thank you for the extra information!
32 bits. 64 bits a ton of work. It will never be merged (and nothing work anyway)
(01-14-2016, 03:04 AM)muddles17 Wrote: Interesting. I see that there are a few commits from juhalaukkanen for darwin on Github. Is that who you're talking about? Also, I saw the postponed flag on 64-bit. If I want to try getting it to work, should I do so with a 32 or 64 bit target at this stage?

Thank you for the extra information!

Have you started on this yet? If so, have you made any progress? I'm willing to help test any build(s) you produce, on my hardware.

Let me know,
Shiggitay
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go