PCSX process not ending (version unknown)
I've been messing about with software emulation (Will probably bost a seperate threat on that soon!) but its required me to repetedly close and re-open PCSX2, but I have noticed that when closing pcsx2 after having been playing with a game, the .exe is staying in memory and using up a constant ammount of ram and CPU, these values aren't varying, and killing the process does drop the CPU usage back down.

Now, I say I don't know what exact version I'm running because r4970 is listed as the latest version as of 3 days ago, but I used the automated PCSX2 build page (here) to download the r4968 build as that's the latest verion posted there, but on downloading it, the two exes (pcsx2.eve and pcsx2-r4962.exe) that are in the download both report inside the pcsx2 console that they are r4962 and not r4968.

Sponsored links

It's a known issue and one caused by the new MTVU hack.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
the subversion information issue seems to be the version of SubWCRev.exe being used
Quote:the subversion information issue seems to be the version of SubWCRev.exe being used
No.

Quote:Now, I say I don't know what exact version I'm running because r4970 is listed as the latest version as of 3 days ago, but I used the automated PCSX2 build page (here) to download the r4968 build as that's the latest verion posted there, but on downloading it, the two exes (pcsx2.eve and pcsx2-r4962.exe) that are in the download both report inside the pcsx2 console that they are r4962 and not r4968.

Obviously, since r4963-4970 are plugin changes where the PCSX2 core was not modified.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-20-2011, 10:59 PM)Bositman Wrote: Obviously, since r4963-4970 are plugin changes where the PCSX2 core was not modified.

Aah, gotcha. Anyway, thanks for the reply, good to know its a known issue!