PCSX2 0.9.6 is running extremely slow, crashes after intro screen on all games.
It runs at 13 FPS, then shortly after drops off to 4 FPS and crashes after the PS2 boot screen (The intro with all the boxes where you zoom into them and the screen fades, I'm not 100% sure it's called a boot screen).My setup isn't that bad, I should be able it better than this.

Pentium IV
Nvidia Geforce FX 5200
XP Service Pack 3

I'm using the default settings, and so far I've tried Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, Hot Shots Golf: Fore! and Rampage: Total Destruction, all to no avail. It's also saying BOOT ERROR> SYSTEM.CNF NOT FOUND, ROM1 NOT FOUND, ROM2 NOT FOUND, and EROM NOT FOUND. I have three different BIOSes:
USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console
Europe v01.60(4/10/2001) Console
Europe v01.60(4/10/2001) Console (Not a typo)

EDIT: I'm putting the games in my CD drive.

All do the exact same thing. Anyone think they can help?

Sponsored links

You are running an out of date version of PCSX2.... I would suggest other options but your system is far too slow, and I'd also wager you probably don't own 3 different PS2s (though possible I guess).
I'll download 0.9.8 then. The sticky said my specs were fine though. And yes, I didn't exactly get the BIOSes legally, but I'm getting the games legally. I sold my PS2 a few months ago, still have some games left over, and want to see if they all work and probably play some of them if I can get this going at a decent FPS.
You are at the absoloute bare minimum to start the emulator, even the simplest games will have difficulty, though if it's one of the fastest P4s you might find something like Disgaea will run close to acceptable.
How high should my virtual memory be to run this?
(06-15-2012, 11:11 PM)tesoft Wrote: I'll download 0.9.8 then. The sticky said my specs were fine though. And yes, I didn't exactly get the BIOSes legally, but I'm getting the games legally. I sold my PS2 a few months ago, still have some games left over, and want to see if they all work and probably play some of them if I can get this going at a decent FPS.

If you don't own a console the BIOS is illegal and you wont get help here.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]