PCSX2 0.9.6: pcsx2 0.9.6.exe Application Error
The instruction at "0x0049725f" referenced memory at "0x0013410b". The memory could not be "read".

According to Dr.watson this is an Access Violation

and it says: ** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for C:\Program Files\Pcsx2\pcsx2 0.9.6.exe

Hello, I would appreciate any advice/help

This error occurs when I try to load a game from my dvd drive. I haven't tested ISOs yet.

Plugins selected

Tested 2 graphic plugins;
ZeroGS 0.97.1
GSdx 890 MSVC15.00,SSE2 0.1.14

Cdvdrom;
Gigaherz's CDVD plugin 0.7.0

PC Specs
Athlon x2 Dual core 5200+
2gigs ram
XFX Nvidia 9400 1g
XP sp2

Also...several disks were damaged on the outer part by my old ps2. It starts up in a ps2 but stops because the protection part was damaged. Will the emulator ignore the protection section?

Once again, thank you for your time and help.

Sponsored links

Just a quick ad-on here

I copied the last bit of text in the black screen

GS Using pixel shader ps_2_0
init zerogs
MTGS GSopen Finished return code 0x0
no accelerated IMDCT transform found
(05-01-2009, 09:47 PM)Archenstone Wrote: Also...several disks were damaged on the outer part by my old ps2. It starts up in a ps2 but stops because the protection part was damaged. Will the emulator ignore the protection section?
yes it will surely ignore them Tongue

(05-01-2009, 11:43 PM)Archenstone Wrote: GS Using pixel shader ps_2_0
init zerogs
MTGS GSopen Finished return code 0x0
no accelerated IMDCT transform found
there's no error there Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
I honestly don't know where the error is...except that I wrote what the windows message was
Did you try different plugins?
Hi Cain, after trying all the graphic plugins and cdvd plugins my CPU can handle from 9.6 I downloaded the beta version.

Under the Beta version I am able to start Wild Arms 5 successfully and I can reach the end of the first cut scene before it hangs.

Plugins that worked

ZeroGs0.97.1
-Bilinear filtering uncheckmarked

Lilpad svn (r1034)

Gigaherz's cdvdplugin 0.7.0

all other plugins caused an access violation error upon executing and crashed the program. I tested with two disks;

Wild Arms 3 (in full working condition)
Wild Arms 5 (scratched on security prevent standard ps2 play)

I have been waiting and hoping since gamestop ran out of undamaged copies that if I held on to wild arms 5 I'd get to play eventually on the pcsx2. *I've waited awhile Tongue* Then again, I've never checked the site often.

I'm going to test different options and see if I can overcome the hang up. I'll edit this post if I get more info.
Well, first thing I recommend is dumping your games to isos and trying to play with Linuz Iso plugin.
That really works better than using the original disk? I was hoping to save hard drive space.... I only got 80gs Laugh ^_^ heh heh, Okay...I'll see if alcohol 120 will cooperate with me. I'll test that.
I was unsuccessful in burning an ISO. After 3 hours and counting *I think it had reached where the protection is scratched* Alcohol was looking at individual blocks and I went to bed....sometime after my son got up and restarted the pc. *He ignores thinks like my projects*

so....

I went ahead with the beta version and tried one Gsdx SSE2 that had been crashing in 9.6 and that worked...except I am still stuck in the beginning error. At this point I can only assume its one of the few scratches on the center of the disk...also caused when my last ps2 went bonkers are started scratching disks. I'm not sure where to go from here unless I can find a save game somewhere for more testing.

Is acquiring save files legal? If so where may I find a save state or mem card?

Thank you so much for your help Cain
You could try gamefaqs.com. Download and search the board or google on how to import the saves.

But if the problem's with your disc then saves won't help you.