PCSX2 0.9.7
I have bought the Intel i7 860 ~ 2.8 Ghz and with the ATI Radeon HD 4650 DP WDDM 1.1. Its good enough for the DirectX 10.1. Well while running Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on PCSX2 0.9.7 r3868, the fps dropped about 47.5 fps.Unsure

Tried all the recomended settings. If a user having a Core2Duo CPU can run it at full speed, then whay can't a 860 user.

PS:Also tried the Speedhacks, no effect!

GSdx settings:
DX9 also tried DX10 mode in the Gsdx SSE41 in the latest beta. (Hardware)
and other settings are too good.

Please help!

[Image: recodersignature2.png]

Sponsored links

an i7 at 2.8 Ghz is not enough for Tenkaichi 3 to get max speed....speed hacks is rendered uneffective.
that game it's pretty demanding around a magnitude of 4~5Ghz......try OC a little.
if Rezard has that game Tenkaichi 3 i'm sure he will gave some perfect examples.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Keep an eye on the EE and GS percentage, since the video card is the bottleneck in that configuration you may need to tinker with scaling and such.

The second and possible issue source is the turbo feature on iX CPUs. A wild guess is suggesting the use of a "High Performance" power saving plan at Windows Control Panel under the Power Options.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-20-2011, 02:35 PM)tallbender Wrote: an i7 at 2.8 Ghz is not enough for Tenkaichi 3 to get max speed....speed hacks is rendered uneffective.
that game it's pretty demanding around a magnitude of 4~5Ghz......try OC a little.
if Rezard has that game Tenkaichi 3 i'm sure he will gave some perfect examples.

Then how do you get it to run at full speed. Will Overclocking to 3.3 Ghz help!Unsure I have even seen people with Core 2 Duo (where Core 2 Duo is not that good as I7) @ 2.93 Ghz and runing at 60-70~fps. Intel Turbo Boost technology automatically overclocks it to 2.93 GhzOhmy

And second, Ah... the EE is about 38%. Graphic Card is ok for DirectX 10 games though.And Intel Turbo boost is really good.Tongue

i almost forgot...sorry recoder as nosisab Ken Keleh posted some more answers was the video card...better change into hi-class models e.g. HD58xx+or HD68xx+

(04-20-2011, 02:43 PM)recoder Wrote: Then how do you get it to run at full speed. Will Overclocking to 3.3 Ghz help!Unsure I have even seen people with Core 2 Duo (where Core 2 Duo is not that good as I7) @ 2.93 Ghz and runing at 60-70~fps. Intel Turbo Boost technology automatically overclocks it to 2.93 GhzOhmy
And second, Ah... the EE is about 38%(well whats it actually). Graphic Card is ok for DirectX 10 games though.And Intel Turbo boost is really good.Tongue

as for the CPU's Turbo boost of 2.93 still not enough to achive full speed try set "High performance" in the Control panel-->power option on what nosisab Ken Keleh advise you to tell you so.

*EDIT*
i'm re-testing this game i'm using Gogeta againest Vegeta on a Wasteland-Noon stage i got flawless speed of 64 fps(around 75%CPU)in the GSdx window bar.
Turned on the power.... done... ahh.. fps around 57 fps to 60 fps. Got a good speed in the PAL version.

Please answer the question when Core 2 Duo @ 2.85 Ghz can run pcsx2 at full speed( 60 fps - constant) then why can't Intel i7 860 ghet a full fps at constant
(04-20-2011, 03:04 PM)recoder Wrote: Please answer the question when Core 2 Duo @ 2.85 Ghz can run pcsx2 at full speed( 60 fps - constant) then why can't Intel i7 860 ghet a full fps at constant
highly possible it's that i7's HT(hyperthreading) that pcsx2 hates it.

Core 2 duo does'nt have HT but i7 has it.
Indeed. Turn it off and try again.4 threads is more than enough Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

The iX CPU uses a complex turbo feature which can increase the clock on some cores while effectively reducing it on other cores, beyond this it try to run bellow the nominal clock whenever possible to reduce power consumption. Of course it is helped doing so by the Windows Power saving feature and sometimes they don't understand one the other very well.

To calculate the demand and to know if it should run at nominal clock value or even turbo, the average CPU load is used as measure (involved in a same process). By design PCSX2 multitask EE and GS in two cores, some times one the two is heavily loaded while the other seat down in low levels, this seems to fool the power plan into believing the average load is low, so no turbo and sometimes not even the nominal clock is used (to know if this "bug" is hitting keep an eye on a external CPU load monitor, it probably will show all cores low loaded while EE or GS is screaming desperately).

PS: This show clearly the difficulty of multithreading a pipeline model like PS2... when EE is saturating it can't provide enough output to make GS work hard, this cause the feedback when the CPU clock rate may become lower... which cause less EE output (while screaming at near 100% the provided CPU clock usage)...which leaves GS yet more light... which translates for lower average load... rinse, repeat... and the picture ugliness emerge in all it's glory.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Errr, does that translate to "Old Console + New Hardware = Annoying problems?"