PCSX2 0.9.7 sneak peek!
(03-13-2010, 05:50 AM)resinate Wrote: 2.66 quad core not single or duel lol.my comp plows wow at max settings. so i know its not that slow lol

1>>> First of all pc games and emulators are two different things
2>>> you know that pcsx2 only supports two cores so having a quad is pretty useless unless you want to play under software mode.
3>>> A dual core clocked at 3.0 can overcome your quad core pretty easly so having a quad core wont help too much im afraid Tongue
4>>> and for crist sake,even my old pentium 4 can run wow at maximum settings that game is pretty old you know

Sponsored links

You guys are great! No, actually you are the best!! I´ve followed this project from time to time over the years and I´m simply amazed at the speed of progress this is moving at! Lol, I´ve spent hard cash just to get decent performance out of this emulator and it´s finally paying of. I´m in kind of a great mood today since I got pressure sensitive buttons/shoulder pads to work close to flawlessly so just felt like spreading around a little praise to those who deserve it..and a few others too lol.

On a side note : the epsxe (ps1-emulator) won´t even stress my comp out of idle nemore, now..that´s efficient! And knowing great minds are working on this project I´m looking forward to the day pcsx2 won´t put my future comp out of idle haha!

grinning ear to ear Laugh
so pscx2 is only duel core, is it even possible to unlock all 4 cores? im not here to start any flame wars

pretty much under options be able to pick from duel core to quad core, that would be HUGE for us would be very thankful for it.
Read up on this in every thread with "4 cores" "quadcore" or "amd system" in it.
We get this question twice per hour here, and the answer is still no Tongue2
(03-14-2010, 01:44 AM)resinate Wrote: so pscx2 is only duel core, is it even possible to unlock all 4 cores? im not here to start any flame wars

pretty much under options be able to pick from duel core to quad core, that would be HUGE for us would be very thankful for it.

hi, pls feel free and take a look around...

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-4254.html -> section 2, question 2

have a nice day Laugh
Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.66 8GB DDR3 Ram @ 1666 Hz Radeon HD 5850 1024 MB GA-MA770T-UD3PWin7 Ultimate 64
@ b i t c h

Nice one Tongue,and btw i cant type your nickname here
thx! Wink but honestly, i'm getting tired of people asking the same Qs w/out reading first.... Sad

btw. keep up the good work! i'm really impressed of you keeping it alive for that long! and that complexity in the codes... i learned visual basics,
but i think i wont get far w/ that here Laugh cant wait for the next beta ! Laugh

cant change my nick Laugh and i'm just called that *bigrofl*
Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.66 8GB DDR3 Ram @ 1666 Hz Radeon HD 5850 1024 MB GA-MA770T-UD3PWin7 Ultimate 64
I have Pentium D @ 1.6 Ghz. And I can tell you it's not bad at all.The speed can help push FPS but it's still playeble on lowest settings.
(03-20-2010, 11:49 AM)Game Wrote: I have Pentium D @ 1.6 GHz. And I can tell you it's not bad at all.The speed can help push FPS but it's still playable on lowest settings.

Pentium D is the first generation of dual core processors. For something as complex as PCSX2 0.96 1888, Pentium D CPUs will not produce acceptable speeds. 2D games? Most likely. 3D games? Probably not. A Core 2 Duo 7xxx or E8xxx CPU will give you much better results. (I've tried running it on Pentium IV 3.2GHz with Hyperthreading, and it didn't run that fast) What kind of video card do you have?
I don't recall a Pentium D 1.6Ghz, maybe you mean a Pentium Dual-Core @ 1.6Ghz which is based on the Core 2 Duo architecture and is about twice as fast as a Pentium D at same speeds.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64