PCSX2 0.9.8!
This emulator is really good. The only game I'm having problems with though is Viewtiful Joe. You just gave me an idea omegaxxx. I might just try the speed hack since I have slow frame rates. (around 11.00 to 8.00fps) when running the NTSC version. Any other game is just top notch. I've said it before, but you coders have amazing talent. Of course, that's pretty amazing there. Now I can play my favorite PS2 games on my PC.

Sponsored links

Wink 
Ohmy Hello

Thanks for this great emulator and for you work, I have been using it since version 0.9.5 and there is much improve!
But there is a great game that does not work on any release, and this is "Football Kingdom" from Namco, which was released only as NTSC for Japan. When I launch the game, I only get a black screen, any chance of fixing the emulator to run this game ? It is a gem, one of the best soccer games ever done. I will be grateful if any of the emulator coders answer this question.
Thanks and keep the good work going!
Thanks everyone. My (3rd) real PS2 is partially dead right now so I've got back into using the emulator and it's better than ever! I can't run games directly from the DVD for whatever reason (no matter what plugin I use it "fails to load") but here are the games I've tested so far:

AFL Live 2003 (Probably never heard of it outside Australia) appears fully playable with some graphical artifacts. Slow ingame (9800GT and AMD Phenom II 3.2 Quad)
AFL Premiership 2005 (Again) Similar to above, very slow ingame and normally blue sky was grey.

Beyond Good and Evil -Major graphical artifacts, can only see part of the background in opening cutscene (and the guy at the start for about 5 seconds until he disappears polygon by polygon lol) and can momentarily see part of Jade. Can see nothing ingame except health bar. Can still hear everything that's going on and slowed down a little at times I think, but other than that the game is pretty much black.

Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex - Get the red screen, can't start. Disc somewhat scratched but no errors until 65% when ripping ISO.

Final Fantasy X - Got as far as the first battle, appears to work flawlessly at full speed.

Spyro Enter the Dragonfly - Got some weird 20 lines of error when it got to the loading screen, now aware that it doesn't work.

Spyro a Hero's Tale - Also appeared to work flawlessly as far as starting ingame.

All of these are PAL.
i have a ? im trying to get naval ops warship gunner to work but my keyboard the G510 logtiech wont sync with this program now i have the game disk but my drive wont let me run off of it and i also have a mad catz 360 wired controller and its works ive tested it on left for dead i love naval ops warship gunner but dont have a PS2 anymore and would love to play it if anyone could help it save a butload of time looking for ways on youtube witch there isnt any good videos that show how to get a 360 controller to work on this emulator ill spend my time fixing the naval ops warship gunner game to work for this emulator if u can help me with this controller problem thz once i get that game working ill upload it here so that anyone who wants to play will enjoy this game like i did.

Thz and happy gaming
Hi, I need help. When I select ISO and press Reboot CDVD it starts normally but asks me to 'Please insert a PlayStation or PlayStation 2 format disc'. What I need to do? Thanks
Please make a new thread about your problem, including all details such as PCSX2 version,plugins used, game(s) you are trying to run, system specs, operating system, PCSX2 console log output
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hi, I need help. When I select ISO and press Reboot CDVD it starts normally but asks me to 'Please insert a PlayStation or PlayStation 2 format disc'. What I need to do? Thanks
PCSX2 0.9.8.r4600 - compiled on Apr 27 2011
Savestate version: 0x9a010000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build
7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 1991 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 07)
CPU speed = 2.293 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 1dbae3bf
x86EFlags = 28100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\gsdx-ssse3-r4600.dll
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
Intel® HD Graphics Family (8.15.10.2279)
(GameDB) 9082 games on record (loaded in 272ms)
Binding PAD : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\lilypad-r4600.dll
Binding SPU2 : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\spu2-x-r4600.dll
Binding CDVD : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\cdvdiso-r4600.dll
Binding USB : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9 : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

HotSwapping to new ISO src image!
HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
Intel® HD Graphics Family (8.15.10.2279)
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Opening plugins...
Opening GS
[wx] can't remove file 'C:\Users\user\Documents\PCSX2\inis\PCSX2_ui.ini' (error
5: access is denied.)
[wx] Failed to update user configuration file.
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: H:\New Folder\DVD RW Drive.iso
Image type = CD
Fileparts = 1
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (1031278 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9
McdSlot 0: C:\Users\user\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2
McdSlot 1: C:\Users\user\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\my memory card.ps2
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Bios Found: USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console
BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
BIOS erom module not found, skipping...
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
GIFTAG warning, size exceeded VU memory size 400
GIFTAG warning, size exceeded VU memory size 400
Closing plugins...
Closing DEV9
Closing FW
Closing USB
Closing CDVD
Closing SPU2
Closing PAD
Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
Decommitting host memory for virtual systems...
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Have a warning for spamming.
[Image: newsig.jpg]