PCSX2 0.9.8 Cheat Code Tutorial (Code Breaker / Game Shark / etc)
Cheat Code Tutorial for PCSX2 0.9.8 by: Rezo

Required:

PCSX2 Configured: PCSX2 QUICK-START GUIDE
Pelican CodeBreaker: CODEBREAKER

Instructions:

CodeBreaker ISO
  • Purchase Pelican CodeBreaker
  • Create CodeBreakerv10.iso from the disk
  • Cut and Paste CodeBreakerv10.iso into /Cheats/
  • Open PCSX2 and CLICK -> CDVD -> IsoSelector -> CodeBreaker v10.iso
*NOTE: Sharing a copy of CodeBreaker10.iso online is illegal and constitutes piracy. The extraction of this information does not give the owner the right to distribute this file.

Gamepads
  • If using a Gamepad, CLICK -> CONFIG -> CONTROLLERS -> PLUGIN SETTINGS -> PAD 1 (or 2)
  • Ensure the D-PAD buttons are being used

Navigating CodeBreaker ISO
  • Click SYSTEM -> Boot CDVD (fast) (click SWAP if prompted)
  • If you clicked SWAP, repeat (ie. Click SYSTEM -> Boot CDVD (fast) ) and click YES
  • Press X (twice) and Use the D-Pad controls to move left
  • Select the Rifle Icon (says "select cheats") and Press X
  • Locate your game by pressing DOWN on the D-Pad
  • Once the game is highlighted, Press RIGHT on the D-Pad
  • Use the X Button to Highlight (YELLOW) the Cheats you want to use
  • Use the X Button to Highlight (WHITE) the Cheats you DO NOT want to use
  • Press X (twice) and use the D-Pad to go LEFT (CD Icon, "START GAME")

SWAP DISCS
  • Click on PCSX2 0.9.8 Window (light blue background)
  • Click CDVD -> ISO Selector -> YOUR GAME ISO
  • Click SWAP DISC (if you chose RESET, START OVER)
  • Click GSdx Window (Pelican CodeBreaker) and Press X (twice)
  • DONE!

Sponsored links

Just as little info,you don't need to create image of CB or swap disks.

There is a file inside the CB disk that can work without the disk.Just copy the file(the name should be looking like this S***_***.**)somewhere on your pc,select the game image with the ISO selector and to start,use System=>Run ELF=>choose the file that you copied(it won't appear if you don't rename his extension to .elf or choose from pcsx2 File of type: All Files),set from the codebreaker options the autoeject to off and save you setting.
Now just select your cheats and press X twice on the first icon of codebreaker to start the game with cheats(no swapping is needed)
(03-22-2012, 03:31 PM)vsub Wrote: Just as little info,you don't need to create image of CB or swap disks.

There is a file inside the CB disk that can work without the disk.Just copy the file(the name should be looking like this S***_***.**)somewhere on your pc,select the game image with the ISO selector and to start,use System=>Run ELF=>choose the file that you copied(it won't appear if you don't rename his extension to .elf or choose from pcsx2 File of type: All Files),set from the codebreaker options the autoeject to off and save you setting.
Now just select your cheats and press X twice on the first icon of codebreaker to start the game with cheats(no swapping is needed)

Hi,

I apologize for making this request as it is not meant to offend you. If you could, would it be possible to post this set of instructions in my format? I'm having a hard time with it.

Thanks!
Rezo
Okay this codebreaker bs dosnt work and the pecha file making is to hard even following the guide codebreak version 10 breaks the emulator crashs my kingdom of hearts 2 makes my attacks do nothing cant save/load etc also why isnt there a dam gameshark simple esay plugin out there like with the gba put the code in and done.
(07-14-2012, 10:12 AM)slave2death Wrote: Okay this codebreaker bs dosnt work and the pecha file making is to hard even following the guide codebreak version 10 breaks the emulator crashs my kingdom of hearts 2 makes my attacks do nothing cant save/load etc also why isnt there a dam gameshark simple esay plugin out there like with the gba put the code in and done.

that's a good idea.
can you please code one ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-22-2012, 03:31 PM)vsub Wrote: Just as little info,you don't need to create image of CB or swap disks.

dosnt work gives a out of memory error...
"Out of memory error" has nothing to do with whatever this method of using codebreaker work or not.

Also using the pnach system is not hard at all...everything is just copy=>paste from one program to another(convert the cheats if needed to raw,convert the cheats for pnach format,copy the game crc from the pcsx2 console,create a file with the crc for name and pnach for extension and put the codes inside).

The first time I tried to used the pnach system(way back in the 0.9.2 days),it took me less than 10 minutes for figure how it works...I didn't even read the guide,just looked at existing cheats\pnaches.
(07-14-2012, 10:42 AM)vsub Wrote: "Out of memory error" has nothing to do with whatever this method of using codebreaker work or not.

Also using the pnach system is not hard at all...everything is just copy=>paste from one program to another(convert the cheats if needed to raw,convert the cheats for pnach format,copy the game crc from the pcsx2 console,create a file with the crc for name and pnach for extension and put the codes inside).

The first time I tried to used the pnach system(way back in the 0.9.2 days),it took me less than 10 minutes for figure how it works...I didn't even read the guide,just looked at existing cheats\pnaches.
all file locations for it posting have no download things on them i looked at it tryed to get progams no working and my emulator has nothing under misc like patch finder etc

patch=1,EE,9AD826F3,extended,1802B626
patch=1,EE,0033FEC8,extended,000000FF
patch=1,EE,20340CA4,extended,10101004
patch=1,EE,20340C90,extended,0A090964
i did that and nothing for kingdom of hearts 2
1.You don't need the first line
2.Menus under Misc related to cheating apply only if you use the old gui of pcsx2,on the new gui it's System=>Enable Cheats.
3.You must create a file with for name the game crc and for extension to set pnach(not txt.pnach)
4.If I remember correctly,you MUST add
gametitle=the game name or whatever you want but "gametitle=" must exist at the top.The cheat description is not that important but it's good to add it too.
4.You have to place those cheats in the cheats folder in pcsx2 folder.
5.If you are staring pcsx2 from shortcut,make sure that "start in" field in the shortcut properties point to the location where pcsx2 folder is.

.txt   0xDA0535FD.pnach.txt (Size: 158 bytes / Downloads: 604)
(07-14-2012, 11:19 AM)vsub Wrote: 1.You don't need the first line
2.Menus under Misc related to cheating apply only if you use the old gui of pcsx2,on the new gui it's System=>Enable Cheats.
3.You must create a file with for name the game crc and for extension to set pnach(not txt.pnach)
4.If I remember correctly,you MUST add
gametitle=the game name or whatever you want but "gametitle=" must exist at the top.The cheat description is not that important but it's good to add it too.
4.You have to place those cheats in the cheats folder in pcsx2 folder.
5.If you are staring pcsx2 from shortcut,make sure that "start in" field in the shortcut properties point to the location where pcsx2 folder is.
well i did not still not finding cheat here take a look
and im using

i changed it to pnach file and it not finding my cheats