PCSX2 0.9.8 Configurations Controllers (PAD) not working...what do i do?
Okay so i just got my pcsx2 to work, i got the bios and everything is dandy. But, like for some reason whenever i start to play the game i can never get the start button to work to actually start up the game. I'm playing kingdom hearts and as soon as it gets to the start menu i can go up to "new game" or down to load "game" but i can't really select them at all. I just can go up and down, and sideways. I'm using the lilypad 0.10 and i constructed it to how one of the threads on here told me but the [start] or [select] button will not work no matter what keys i set it to????? Perhaps i'm doing something wrong hear, this is my first time with this....i was sooo excited when i saw the screen come on, and now i can't even pay it. Sad Help please?Unsure

Also you know when you go on the screen of the lilypad, for the box that says test diagnostics...and you have the options of "refresh" or "test device"? well whenever i click on wm keyboard the values for the keys never show up...could that be part of the problem?

Sponsored links

Did you even tried pressing X, circle, square or triangle? XD You know...(or rather you don't ;x) in most ps2 games you don't really use "start" or "select" in main menu to select an option or start the game unless it literally asks for it.;O
(10-08-2011, 06:46 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Did you even tried pressing X, circle, square or triangle? XD You know...(or rather you don't ;x) in most ps2 games you don't really use "start" or "select" in main menu to select an option or start the game unless it literally asks for it.;O

omgeee it worked....oooo i feel beyond slow..XD But, it's been a long time since i actually played a ps2...like 5 years max??? woo...yeah im just slow. But, thank you soooo much you saved me from like hours of wondering, thank you thank you! I LOVE YOU!
(10-08-2011, 06:46 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Did you even tried pressing X, circle, square or triangle? XD You know...(or rather you don't ;x) in most ps2 games you don't really use "start" or "select" in main menu to select an option or start the game unless it literally asks for it.;O

Oh but also...wrong forum though...how do i get it to run more smoothly or normal...cause i just started playign it now and itll like start the song and slowweesss down...its weird.
Yeah it probably should go to General Discussion and Support, but probably your cpu or gpu is too weak.
If you see in the game title EE/GS % reaching around 100% you can try some speedhacks in emulation settings. Start from recommended ones, then experiment. If it's below 100% it's most likely a weak/non-dedicated graphic card, try "native" res in GSdx config, you can also turn on/off "allow 8 bit textures" to see which works faster for your game.

Generally PCSX2 requires fairy new system to play in full speed which is 50fps for PAL/60fps for NTSC games, if you can't reach it, it will lag. You should post some info about your system if you want more concrete answer, mainly what CPU/GPU you have, other things doesn't really matter much for pcsx2.
(10-08-2011, 07:12 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Yeah it probably should go to General Discussion and Support, but probably your cpu or gpu is too weak.
If you see in the game title EE/GS % reaching around 100% you can try some speedhacks in emulation settings. Start from recommended ones, then experiment. If it's below 100% it's most likely a weak/non-dedicated graphic card, try "native" res in GSdx config, you can also turn on/off "allow 8 bit textures" to see which works faster for your game.

Generally PCSX2 requires fairy new system to play in full speed which is 50fps for PAL/60fps for NTSC games, if you can't reach it, it will lag. You should post some info about your system if you want more concrete answer, mainly what CPU/GPU you have, other things doesn't really matter much for pcsx2.

Hmmm...my EE 60-80% and GS-under 20%

im trying the things you recommended to me so far it got my EE up to the 60-80% but the GS is like really low, still trying to see what works...
Like I said if none of EE/GS reaches 100% you're most likely limited by GPU in here and changing GSdx options first thing to try as speedhacks will not affect your speed unless you'll be cpu limited(which will happen when any of those values reaches 100%).

Do you even know what cpu/gpu do you have? In dxdiag it'll show if you don't, first tab has your cpu model and clock frequency, second tab has your gpu model(just type dxdiag in windows run/search in menu start to run it). While having problems with pcsx2 speed that's first info you should post, through by the looks of it, you probably have a bit of low end system considering emulation probably even with integrated gpu. Which if true would mean you'll not reach full speed in most games(requirements highly differ for different games even if they look alike), with the exception of very non demanding ones, mostly with 2D graphics. Generally this thread shows some general requirements of PCSX2: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer
i have the same problem but during the game i cant use the triangle button! im playing the same game and im supposed to be using triangle but it doesnt work. im using my ps3 controller and i also set the triangle button to some of the keys on keyboard but it still doesnt work.
Ok guys so i just bought a new controller and everything works fine now.Looks like i almost got scammed but ty to your guy's help i didnt.Thanks all of u for helping me and out and replying really appreciate it Smile
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go