PCSX2 0.9.8 - GS plugin failed to open
Hello All, I just wanted to start by saying this is a great forum that I have been lurking on for some time and I now hope that you can help me with my issue. First off, I will start off with my system specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3GHz Six-Core CPU
Patriot 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM
PNY GeForce GTX 460 1GB video card

My issues:
1. In Gran Turismo 3 and 4, Tekken Tag Tournament and GTA San Andreas, I get frame rates around 28FPS.
2. Also the screen shakes up and down in some of these games and I have vertical black lines on the game output screen.
2. After I exit the game and I want to try different GS settings. I end up getting the "GS plugin failed to open!(thread:MTGS)(SaveSinglePlugin)" error. The dialog box that pops up says that it may be due to insufficient system resources.

I my research on this issue, there have been a lot of update your DirectX suggestions or your CPU/graphics cards are not powerful enough. I am pretty sure that I have a decent enough rig to run this emulator with at least 40-50FPS in these games. I believe, but I will let you all determine this for me. According to other sites on the internet, Microsoft doesn't update DirectX unless it puts out a new service pack or operating system. At least this is what I gathered from my research on the internet. If you need any further details please let me know and I have attached some pictures for reference. Below is what PCSX2's logfile says after I close Tekken Tag Tournament:

PCSX2 0.9.8.r4600 - compiled on Apr 27 2011
Savestate version: 0x9a010000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit
Physical RAM = 3325 MB
CPU name = AMD FX™-6100 Six-Core Processor
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 02)
CPU speed = 3.321 ghz (6 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 1e98220b
x86EFlags = 2fd3fbff

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX
MMX2 .. SSE4a

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS : E:\PS2 Emulator\PCSX2 v0.9.8\plugins\gsdx-sse4-r4600.dll
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (8.17.12.7533)
Binding PAD : E:\PS2 Emulator\PCSX2 v0.9.8\plugins\lilypad-r4600.dll
Binding SPU2 : E:\PS2 Emulator\PCSX2 v0.9.8\plugins\spu2-x-r4600.dll
Binding CDVD : E:\PS2 Emulator\PCSX2 v0.9.8\plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
Binding USB : E:\PS2 Emulator\PCSX2 v0.9.8\plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW : E:\PS2 Emulator\PCSX2 v0.9.8\plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9 : E:\PS2 Emulator\PCSX2 v0.9.8\plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9082 games on record (loaded in 314ms)
HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (8.17.12.7533)
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: E:\PS2 Emulator\PS2 Images\Tekken Tag Tournament.mdf
Image type = CD
Fileparts = 1
* CDVD Disk Open: CD, 1 tracks (1 to 1):
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (309585 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9
McdSlot 0: E:\PS2 Emulator\PCSX2 v0.9.8\memcards\Mcd001.ps2
McdSlot 1: E:\PS2 Emulator\PCSX2 v0.9.8\memcards\Mcd002.ps2
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Bios Found: USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console
BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
BIOS erom module not found, skipping...
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_200.01;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 2.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_200.01;1) Game CRC = 0x67454C1E, EntryPoint = 0x003572A0
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_200.01;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 2.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
Closing plugins...
Closing DEV9
Closing FW
Closing USB
Closing CDVD
Closing SPU2
Closing PAD
Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

If you need DirectX updated, run dxwebsetup.exe.

If that doesn't fix it, get the June 2010 Redist, extract it and run setup. Then dxwebsetup.exe again.

Screen shots of your PCSX2 settings like the Video (GS) Settings and Emulations Settings (Speedhacks, etc...) would help. Most importantly anything you've changed from default.

For the shaking screen, try other interlacing options in the GS plugin settings, or cycle through them while playing with F5.

For the vertical black lines, try native resolution, or a different method of up-scaling (i.e. custom res of 1024x1024).

Also, you don't need to pause/Esc emulation to change GS settings. I think I've seen that error before when I did so myself.

BTW - Do you happen to have FFX-2?
If so, I'd like to ask you a big favor. Biggrin
(Which will help me determine how fast/slow you new CPU is in comparison.)
(10-23-2011, 02:18 AM)Rezard Wrote: If you need DirectX updated, run dxwebsetup.exe.

If that doesn't fix it, get the June 2010 Redist, extract it and run setup. Then dxwebsetup.exe again.

Screen shots of your PCSX2 settings like the Video (GS) Settings and Emulations Settings (Speedhacks, etc...) would help. Most importantly anything you've changed from default.

For the shaking screen, try other interlacing options in the GS plugin settings, or cycle through them while playing with F5.

For the vertical black lines, try native resolution, or a different method of up-scaling (i.e. custom res of 1024x1024).

Also, you don't need to pause/Esc emulation to change GS settings. I think I've seen that error before when I did so myself.

BTW - Do you happen to have FFX-2?
If so, I'd like to ask you a big favor. Biggrin
(Which will help me determine how fast/slow you new CPU is in comparison.)

According to the DirectX web installer, I have a higher version than what would be installed. I installed the 2nd file and reran the web installer and I got the same thing. I included screenshots of what you requested and I am not using any manual game fixes. Although I do have automatic game fixes in the system menu. Your suggestion fixed the shaking screen and the black bars. I only have Final Fantasy X, will that do? Also, I am still getting the low framerate, do you have any other suggestions?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

In amongst the cabs is a file called DXSETUP.exe.
Run it. Then run dxwebsetup.exe again.

Unfortunately, FFX won't do. Appreciate you considering, though. Smile
(The reason I ask can be summed up with this link.)

You can expect the need for some Speedhacks with some games. They can help with speed. As it is now, I can only expect from that CPU about what AMD's old Phenom II do at the given clockrate. So you may want/need to overclock it for better results. (Tekken and GT games are rather heavy.)
Basically, I should experiment with the speedhacks, to get the highest possible framerate? So even though the PS2 is 11 years old, it is still a challenge for high end PCs to run perfectly. Looks like it will be quite some time before computers can handle an emulator for even the original X-Box.
Calling Bulldozer a high end pc in those forums, it's a troll food. >.> It's potentially even slower than phenom II in speed per core at same clock speeds which is more important than amount of cores for pcsx2. And PII is way back in speed already after any Sandy Bridge from intel. I wonder through if your changing GS plugin errors aren't from trying to use SSSE3, SSE4 or AVX? Maybe BD implementation of those is a no-no for GSdx(assuming SSE2 is one that works)?

Tough luck, but if you didn't used any speedhacks yet, then you see the results, even true high end cpu's require speedhacks in those more demanding games, Bulldozer is new, but everything says it's not a high end, sad reality.
Finally, we actually see a Bulldozer in action. I used to be an AMD fan. With default settings and no speed hack turned on (use whatever SSE version you like), how many FPS do you get in FFX when the party gather around the fire? In other word what is the lowest FPS you get in the opening scene? I'm curious because Bulldozer is not available in my region yet. My country is very stagnant.
ebayking90 Wrote:x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX
MMX2 .. SSE4a

Does it has SSSE3 too. I wonder. Tongue2
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
ROTFLMAO

thats barely 50% of a i5-2500K at 3.3Ghz which can do TTT at 50fps.