PCSX2 0.9.8 this cpu does not support SSE 3.01
Hi all, few minutes ago I installer this emulation program, and I'am worried, becouse I have problem of configuration (i think that).

First i saw the cominicate the same like title of this theard it was " this cpu does not support SSE 3.01". Later showed up this window:

[Image: 2a3c7458d0b2.jpg]

When i push ok (is recomended) the against windows is like this:

[Image: dfe94c70e730.jpg]

And finally, my question to you is, what is the reason of this problem, and what i should to do for fix it ?

Thx very much for all kind of help. I'm looking foword for answers

Sponsored links

Despite the similarity of the names, SSE3 is unrelated to SSSE3 and the same is true for SSE4a and SSE4.1.
AMDs latest FX CPU series ONLY support the SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instruction sets.
Therefore the recommended GSdx version for AMD users is the SSE2 one, except in the case of an FX processor where you should use SSE4.1.

There is a minor speed loss, but it is only about 10% overall.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-09-2012, 10:50 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Despite the similarity of the names, SSE3 is unrelated to SSSE3 and the same is true for SSE4a and SSE4.1.
AMDs latest FX CPU series ONLY support the SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instruction sets.
Therefore the recommended GSdx version for AMD users is the SSE2 one, except in the case of an FX processor where you should use SSE4.1.

There is a minor speed loss, but it is only about 10% overall.

Ok, now all working, but I have a biger problem, when i run the game, everything is slow, the music slowly plays, the image is also not the best. This is due to poor setup or poor equipment, my hardware details:

Athlon X2 3.4GHz 2GB RAM GeForce 7600GT 256 mb

I think it's hardware and it would be all my adventures with the emulator, what can you say?
This is a support question not a bug report, moving.

In answer to your question however, that is a very old CPU and will be quite slow with the emulator on a lot of 3d games.

PCSX2 works optimally on intel sandybridge processors (preferably quad cores) and a DirectX 11 graphics card.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-09-2012, 11:19 AM)Mateo192 Wrote: Ok, now all working, but I have a biger problem, when i run the game, everything is slow, the music slowly plays, the image is also not the best. This is due to poor setup or poor equipment, my hardware details:

Athlon X2 3.4GHz 2GB RAM GeForce 7600GT 256 mb

I think it's hardware and it would be all my adventures with the emulator, what can you say?

i don't remember Athlon 64 X2 to have such a high clock are you sure it isn't Athlon II ( much better )