PCSX2 0.9.8 works on a good computer, but won't work on an even better computer...
Well, it's very likely that the redistributables are missing.
Try to run the PCSX2 installer with the highest user rights you can manage and see if it can install them.

Sponsored links

I've got an idea, which I actually concocted before rama's post. Tongue

I've got a netbook in conjunction with my home computer. The redistributables are already installed on both computers, but I'll uninstall them on the netbook, reinstall them in possibly an easy-to-access folder, and then move all the files to the PCSX2 folder. I can't get back to the library until Friday because of my work schedule, so we'll have to wait until then to see what happens...
don't bother, MSVC10 runtime only works properly if it exists in the system32 directory as it links back to WinSxS and fails otherwise.
So then there's no way to make PCSX2 0.9.8 run portable?
There is, but it depends on PCSX2 team. I don't know why they do not bundle the needed DLL to the binary build.
Because as Squall said above you can't 'bundle' it, it has to be installed on windows.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
ill correct your statement.

"is it not possible to make pcsx2 portable for computers that are not there to allow you to play games?"

in answer to that, no Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

linking MSVC would do it, but that'd increase code size, possibly decrease code performance, and increase build complexity.
I found a workaround, and I have the latest SVNs to thank for it.

The SVNs have the ZeroGS video plugin. I used that instead of GSDX and now the game runs. I'll have to admit, it's a little slower than normal, but hey, at least I finally got the emulator to work portable.

Now, I did this on another library's computers. I have yet to try it on my local library's computers. However, since I ran into the exact same problems at the other library comp as my local library comp before I succeeded, I'm pretty sure I won't have much trouble...
To get GSDX working without a directx install you also need D3Dcompiler_43.dll and d3dx9_43.dll.

This will at least give you directx 9.