PCSX2 1.0.0 Runs at Half FPS
I have installed PCSX2 1.0.0 on my Macbook and I've been having trouble running Final Fantasy X at a constant framerate. When I first installed it, I configured everything correctly (I have PCSX2 on my desktop so I'm familiar with the configuration process), and played FFX for a bit. Everything seemed fine, I ran it at a constant 60 FPS with smooth gameplay. Then, out of the blue one time when I went to load it, the framerate dropped to 31.xx fps. It's like the new FPS cap was set at 32 or something for some reason. No matter how I change my configuration setting or Video plugin, the framerate is at a constant 31.xx. It doesn't go lower than 31, and doesn't ever reach 32. Any help is appreciated, and here are my specs.

Macbook Pro w/ Retina Display running Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) (For gaming purposes I installed a Windows partition on my Macbook)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache
8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

Also, I attached some screenshots of my PCSX2 specs/configuration. I feel like this isn't a hardware issue as my desktop easily runs FFX at 6x Native at a pretty constant 60 fps and It has no where near the power of my new laptop. I'm just not sure WHAT it is that making my fps stay capped at under 32.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

hmm you're problem is very weird my explanations :

you're getting a very high temp your CPU is reaching throttle ( Clock cap to lower heat )

the usage of the CPU won't get any higher

this state when your cooling system is very destroyed !!
I think I figured it out. I went to control panel and set my power options to High Performance and that fixed the problem! I just realized PCSX2 ran perfectly fine when plugged in, but the fps was throttled when it was unplugged. Apparently setting it to High Performance did the trick, for now.
yep totally forgot about that ....
On my PC accept DBZ games all games run at 10-20 fps. Plaese give any advice to make the games faster or give its configiration.
(02-25-2013, 12:20 PM)Shayan Ali Wrote: On my PC accept DBZ games all games run at 10-20 fps. Plaese give any advice to make the games faster or give its configiration.

Open your own thread stating the problem specifically and start telling us what is the machine specs. Depending on it's power is possible to foresee the amount and type of speedhacks will be needed or if the machine will be able to play that game at all.
Imagination is where we are truly real