PCSX2 1.2.1 Crashes after about 10 minutes.
Here are my settings.

I'm trying to play SpongeBob: Battle for Bikini Bottom, but can't play for more than 10 minutes without PCSX2 crashing. I've tried disabling speed hacks, but that didn't fix it either.

Sponsored links

can you post the emulog?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Here.
Can you post a screenshot of the "More information" from the dialog box that Windows puts up when it crashes? Or do you get that box? (sometimes you do, sometimes you don't)

Specifically I mean the "PCSX2.exe has stopped working" type box.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
If your SPU2-X is set to XAudio2, change it to DirectSound or PortAudio

edit:

in fact

Quote: * SPU2-X: PortAudio error: Invalid device
you have an invalid device selected. Either choose a valid one or just try DirectSound.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-08-2014, 10:50 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Can you post a screenshot of the "More information" from the dialog box that Windows puts up when it crashes? Or do you get that box? (sometimes you do, sometimes you don't)

Specifically I mean the "PCSX2.exe has stopped working" type box.

I will if it does it again.

(09-08-2014, 11:33 PM)refraction Wrote: If your SPU2-X is set to XAudio2, change it to DirectSound or PortAudio

edit:

in fact

you have an invalid device selected. Either choose a valid one or just try DirectSound.

When I first started up PCSX2 (any build nigthly, or stable) the sound doesn't work, and I have to change the audio device. If I have an "invalid device" than why can I still hear game audio fine? :/
well try changing it to directsound instead of portaudio and see if the crashing persists.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

If that doesn't help, you can also check the ram usage in the taskmanager shortly before it crashes... Does it happen if you set the internal resolution of gsdx to 1x?
(09-09-2014, 10:26 PM)refraction Wrote: well try changing it to directsound instead of portaudio and see if the crashing persists.
This seemed to work. It didn't crash past 10 minutes yet with that change.
I know port audio was changed to default because it's portable and some people had trouble with Xaudio2. But it seems to me there is MORE trouble with PA.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD