PCSX2 1.2.1 runs some games flawlessly, but not others?
Wink 
So, I have recently bought a new PC and was pretty eager to test out the PCSX2 on my new system.

These are my specs...
[Image: 20u74o7.png]

+ a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 graphics card.

Pretty decent rig right?

Well, firstly I can run games like Final Fantasy X, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger and a few others flawlessly on hardware mode with my GTX 970 as the output. (Max settings.)

Others, like for example Kya: The Dark Lineage, I can only run in software mode without glitches, screen tearing, etc. But the FPS drops occasionally. (Mainly in fast paced action scenes/gameplay.)

I'm just wondering if there's a fix for this? Or if someone could send me a link to the best configuration/settings when using software mode.

Thanks!

Sponsored links

set extra rendering threads to 4 to get a speed up on software mode. nothing else can be done to fix it rather than using the software mode video backend.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Thank-you. That significantly fixed the issue. Although...

What do you mean by video backend? How can I locate it in the PCSX2?
(04-17-2015, 09:53 AM)Speeny Wrote: What do you mean by video backend? How can I locate it in the PCSX2?

[Image: 1429257825-full.png]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I actually meant the Video renderers as Video backends not the Instruction sets.

[Image: 9KDCIam.jpg]
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction